The revolution

Currently I (me 63 with Viet wife and 6yr son[both with Viet and NZ passports]) are in New Zealand about to head on back to Saigon for our annual three month stay.  I note via facebook that things appear to be very to extremely hot there at the the moment, I'm not taking about the weather.  It appears the 'heatwave' has spread completely across all the country from north to south.  What I am asking people who are currently in Vietnam is, would they choose to return right now?  Considering we live in Than Loc way out in District 12, of HCMC; we like to travel by bike, bus and sometimes taxi into town to visit places like The Saigon Bar etc.  We are both active facebook users.

Terry

Very isolated events. Just in a few places. Whoever said it's all across the country is talking crap. No need to worry.

After a couple of days of pot stirring last week, seems to me everything is back to normal now.  We've been walking around all day today in Saigon without seeing or feeling anything unusual.

Honestly, I work online and teach classes out of my home so I don't go out that much but when I have gone out I have not had any trouble at all. In fact I had to ask my Vietnames wife when I read your post. She doesn't seem to think things are that bad and, for what it's worth, I don't think so either.

Thanks for your comment.  We have been very active on line/facebook following the facebook reports and commenting, particularly my Viet wife.  I understand some Viets have been picked up by police following their facebook pages.  What is your opinion of  this?  Last year I had a tussle with a supposed collector of money for the 'four funds'.  The man was let into our gated street.  Lots of arguing from my Viet neighbours with him, I lightly but physically tossed him out.  Local police came, I and wife remonstrated with them too.  We are worried that at this time they may feel free to pick one or both of us up for 'the bash' at the least.  Do you think we are over cooking our thoughts or not?