Eddie_New to this forum

:D

Hello to all:-)

I am new to this forum I am an Englishman not British an Englishman:-)
I am a single male 52 years old and have been coming to Thailand Bangkok and Pattaya for many years
on Holiday.

I have since met with a Lovely 43 year old single Thai Lady with 3 lovely grown up daughters.
Here parents are old and live in Udon where she comes from and she has many family and friends which I have met and got on very friendly.

I currently live and work in Holland and the next question is maybe you can point me to he correct place is.

If I want to emigrate to Thailand and be with my partner but marry just live with her and after a while become a Thai National/Local do you know how much this will cost me to emigrate? and is it possible?
Is it cheaper to do this when I am in Thailand? or cheaper from Holland Europe to do this?
As I have seen Expat services locally in Thailand who offer these services like extended stay visas but I do not know if they offer emigration permanent stay services.

I thank you for all your feedback on this and suggestions.

Regards,

Eddie.

If you are over 50, you can get yearly extensions based on retirement. You would need to show 800,000 baht in a thai bank account, or have a monthly income of 65,000 baht from a foriegn source.

Thank you for your input much appreciated.

But what is the difference between retiring to Thailand and emigrating to Thailand? or is there no such thing as emigrating? when your over 50 just retiring to Thailand?

I heard from an Aussie friend over there who is 55 it cost him 25000 Baht with a local Thai lawyer to setup his retirement visa in Thailand and yes like you said he only has to go the local police/immigration to renew his yearly visa.

Does this price sound about right? 25000 to 35000 to setup your retirement visa in Thailand as it is cheaper than doing it from outside Thailand??

And of course you first have to arrange yourself a bank account to be setup which should not take long.
Any other inputs for you or others would be welcome.