Driver's License

I need to change my Canadian Driver's License to a Spanish License.  Has anyone done this and, if so, what is the process?  Do I need my driver's abstract from Canada?

Thanks,

Marni

I am afraid that you need to take the tests (theoretical and practical) to have a Spanish Driving license there is no bilateral agreement between Canada and Spain ...

Good luck

Thank you other Marnie.  That's what I thought.  Would you know whether I could take the test in English?

I believe the online theory can be done in english but the driving test I understand is In Spanish

I would ask at a driving school in the area where you are living

Thanks John.  I've looked online and, yes, the written exam can be done in English.  I've made an appointment at the Tarragona License office to inquire on whether I need to take Driver's Training (it said so on one site) or anything else I may need.  Here's the site, if anyone is looking: https://sedeapl.dgt.gob.es/WEB_NCIT_CON … Cita.faces

A Canadian took the exam where I live, just speaking English and a few words of Catalan, he was at my school where they speak Catalan and Spanish and just a little bit of English he managed to have it, I think you need to take some training, anyway I would advise it to know the exam area and the few Spanish specificities, and the Spanish vocabulary for the practical exam

Hi Marnie
Yes, the theory can be done in English but the translations are terrible. Its really just a guessing game as to what they mean.
As in one question I remember shows a sign with a cow......I forget exactly but the choices were :- a pet with privileges, a pet with no privileges and another funny one.
Go online and have a look at the practice tests. Best of luck!

Baklavaa wrote:

Hi Marnie
Yes, the theory can be done in English but the translations are terrible. Its really just a guessing game as to what they mean.
As in one question I remember shows a sign with a cow......I forget exactly but the choices were :- a pet with privileges, a pet with no privileges and another funny one.

Hi

I do not know if you are talking to MarniLynne or me  :lol:

I personally took it in French one year ago and the translation was ok, Spanish would have been complicated at the time

Marnie22 wrote:
Baklavaa wrote:

Hi Marnie

Hi

I do not know if you are talking to MarniLynne or me  :lol:

I personally took it in French one year ago and the translation was ok, Spanish would have been complicated at the time

I had to double check, but depending on the test centre you can take the test in: Spanish, French, English and maybe some cases Portuguese.

You have to check with the driving instructor and test centre.

Thank you everyone for your help with this - and for letting me know the test doesn't translate well.  I will check on the cow for sure.  Hahaha.  I have my meeting with the department on Wednesday, so we'll see how it goes.

Thank you again.

Marni