Coming to India for the 1st time

Hello everyone

I'll be coming to India for the 1st time probably next month. I wanted to ask you guys a couple of questions that might make my life a bit easier when I get there

- budget (if I'm going to stay for a while and visit 3 cities)
- Cities to visit, places to go
- mods of transportation
- what is the average prices for normal things. (Food, water, transportation and stay)

Looking forward to hearing from you
Best regards,

Hi Moerizk,

You should probably check TripAdvisor and numbeo

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g29 … tions.htmlhttps://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c … ntry=India

As for transport, there are some articles in the Expat Guide : Transports in India

All the best,
Bhavna

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I'll most definitely check out these links
The one with the expenses seems extremely helpful.
Thank you again

Which city u  plan to visit

Hi,

Firstly welcome to Delhi or India in advance :)

Some of the list of the place to visit in India:

Delhi-Rishikesh-Agra-Jaipur-Jodhpur-Jaisalmer-Udaipur-Mumbai-Goa-Kerala and the list go on...

Agra - Taj Mahal, Agra Fort

Rishikesh- River rafting, meditation, yoga, kayaking

Jaipur - Amber and Nahargarh Fort, Hawa Mahal and lots more depending on the availability of time.

Udaipur - City Palace

Delhi and other Northern cities of India are hot & humid currently so make it sure when you step out anywhere you have had enough water to drink. You can add to keep energy levels high buy Glucose from Chemist shop and pour it into your water bottles. Will help not to get tired or sick!!

When you arrive at the airport – Don't Change money as it is better to visit a proper store for exchanging money at international prices. Just change up to 20 Dollars or 15 Euros so that you can take a Taxi.

Don't Buy Sim Cards as the stores at Airport rip you and make you buy credit for 500 Rs or Rs 1000 and promise you that the card gets activated in 4 hours however it takes 1 day at least and such huge credit buying is not required. Sim Card at best cost Rs 100 or less.

Don't Take Private Taxis as they may rip you. Step out of the airport where people are waiting to receive passengers, you will see this road outside of the airport, look towards left or ask any POLICE PERSONNEL or GUARD for DELHI POLICE PREPAID TAXI STAND. Pay for your destination, collect your receipt and only then sit in a taxi. Do not get lured by Taxi Guys asking you to come in their taxi.

Don't worry about TRAIN TICKETS!! Indian Railways has a FOREIGN TOURIST QUOTA that can be utilized by you by going to New Delhi train station, platform number one, FIRST FLOOR. On this station, a lot of fraudsters will try to misguide you and tell you the office has shifted or moved away and they are Indian Railways official. Do not listen to them. The office is called Foreign Tourist Bureau. Look up seats through the website below for trains availability and Foreign Quota availability ( Change from General to Foreign Quota in options that show trains between two cities )
www. indianrail.gov.in/dont_Know_Station_Code.html

All essential medicines and vaccines are available in India very easily so don't waste your time and money on buying them from your home country. Get your doctors to advise prescription and BUY THEM FROM INDIA. You will save approx. 90% cost of these drugs.

Have a fun, safe and happy stay in Incredible India. Hope, to see you soon!!