Pros and Cons of a serviced apartment in KL ?

Hello All,

I am looking for a house to rent in Pantai, Bangsar South or nearby areas.

I would like to know the pros and cons of a serviced apartment in these areas.

main generic concerns: any strict rules bringing guests or friends, any extra charges to pay apart from rent, quality of gym+pool within the residency

if anyone has any reviews of any such residencies within the areas mentioned above, do let me know your experiences.

Thanks

As I know, those serviced apartment free of charge for gym and swimming pool.

Bangsar South is good Location as LRT is just nearby

Serviced Residences are just a category of accommodation. Often a number of units in a SR are run by a hotel chain, and booked out to guests on a night basis. But there will also be private owners of units who can chose whether they rent out on a monthly basis. They can also run homestay or airbnb etc. from their property.

That is why units in the same development will often appear on sites such as Agoda as well as on property sites such as www.iproperty.com.my or www.propertyguru.com.my (for 12 month rentals).

When renting on a 12 month basis you only pay the agreed rent plus utilities (the owner is responsible for maintenance charges, taxes etc.)

So SRs can operate exactly the same way as a condo, if you rent from the owner.

Shirlyn Ang wrote:

As I know, those serviced apartment free of charge for gym and swimming pool.

Bangsar South is good Location as LRT is just nearby

Thanks.

Gravitas wrote:

Serviced Residences are just a category of accommodation. Often a number of units in a SR are run by a hotel chain, and booked out to guests on a night basis. But there will also be private owners of units who can chose whether they rent out on a monthly basis. They can also run homestay or airbnb etc. from their property.

That is why units in the same development will often appear on sites such as Agoda as well as on property sites such as www.iproperty.com.my or www.propertyguru.com.my (for 12 month rentals).

Thank you

Gravitas wrote:

When renting on a 12 month basis you only pay the agreed rent plus utilities (the owner is responsible for maintenance charges, taxes etc.)

So SRs can operate exactly the same way as a condo, if you rent from the owner.

so the amount written on the sites that you mentioned for each rental, those would be excluding this utilities charges, right? Do you know how much would it be on an average of say if rental is around 1-2k ringgit? (Don't need approximate number, just to know the range)

Thanks

Is there any site where I can check reviews of the serviced apartments in KL ? user reviews ie, thanks