Dependents working in private sector

Anybody knows the validity of an article from 2014?

http://saudigazette.com.sa/article/1013 … -Iqama-MoL

Update

I asked 2 HRs yesterday and they said unfortunately not.

Makes me wonder if it was a thing, to begin with back in 2014

Is this applicable even in teaching jobs at international schools? Because the article said that dependents are legally allowed to work as teachers in any private and international schools. Any confirmation on this concern would be highly appreciated, thanks.

As far as I know, no.

This was the news back then but never materialized.   As far as I remember, dependents used to be able to work in schools in Saudi (unofficially).  At that time, most international schools had a lot of teachers who were here with their husbands and worked there while being on their husband's sponsorship. It wasn't legal but no one cared.  But then the government cracked down and suddenly, most people were terminated and international schools faced a shortage of staff.  This news circulated at that time but did not result in anything. 

I would doubt that they would bring it back especially with the focus completely changing now i.e. saudisation and reduction of expats.

XTang wrote:

As far as I know, no.

This was the news back then but never materialized.   As far as I remember, dependents used to be able to work in schools in Saudi (unofficially).  At that time, most international schools had a lot of teachers who were here with their husbands and worked there while being on their husband's sponsorship. It wasn't legal but no one cared.  But then the government cracked down and suddenly, most people were terminated and international schools faced a shortage of staff.  This news circulated at that time but did not result in anything. 

I would doubt that they would bring it back especially with the focus completely changing now i.e. saudisation and reduction of expats.

Ah I see, thanks for the info.