Need help in import/export to/from Vietnam

Hello

I am Amy a business woman. I want to start a business in import/export between Egypt and Vietnam .I was to start with exporting Cheese products from Egypt to Vietnam.Since i lived for some time in Vietnam,saw the markets and found the cheese is extremely expensive and not many types. Can anyone help with what procedures i need to take in order to be able to export the goods to Vietnam.or if i can make a deal with a Vietnamese import/export company in Vietnam or a Vietnamese food distributor company.
Thank you so  much :)

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : promoting freely your services is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

did u do the research mảketing here? Thats just what u think; vietnam market seems eassy for start up but when u jump in, u will get alots dificulties; as a vietnamese, i think u should do a carefully research what kind of things u want to sell here; procedure is not the problerm, we usually ask the Logistics company do it too cause they have their own resources and connection and they r professionals one on that field. If you do it urself it costs u even more time and money than u ask the service from Logistics company.

I am now living in Ho Chi Minh, i can help with the procedures to export the goods to Vietnam ( i has worked in this area for long time). If you  need a partner, i hope we will make a good co-operation

I am now living in Ho Chi Minh, i can help with the procedures to export the goods to Vietnam ( i has worked in this area for long time). If you  need a partner, i hope we will make a good co-operation

Do Vietnamese eat cheese?

gobot wrote:

Yes, some do but not a lot. The kids seem to like cheese more than adults.

gobot wrote:

While some (have money) kids do eat that packaged chemical stuff found in the super market.

Cheese is a product of cool climates and cold winters as a way to store protein for the winter.
Not exactly Vietnam's issue.

I doubt most people have the gut biome to digest most cheese in any case.

I've usually found that when items are missing or not popular in certain places, there are good reasons why.
It is seldom lucrative to bet on out-thinking the locals.

Wxx3 Today 12:00:02 Report #8

"It is seldom lucrative to bet on out-thinking the locals"

Granted, but I much prefer their mindset to the Western one...     :happy:

Hello,

Cheese aside, I thought this thread heading was the best suited for my question.

Can anyone update me as to the latest “rules” for importing some personal goods into VN?

Been planning a move (retirement) to VN and checking with Removal services to move a small 1 or 2 cubic meters of small household items, mostly kitchen tools into the country. Found a ocean cargo service that will deliver to Saigon.

Then I contacted a VN moving service to deliver from Saigon port to Vaung Tau and got a bid, but was told that:

“Note:
Regarding to Vietnam custom regulations, we can not import your shipment without a                   
Vietnamese work permit. Kindly advise if you have any updates.”

From what I had read I thought the work permit only applied if you were bring in a vehicle?

Any updates or personal experiences would be appreciated.

Thai_FX

edit...  Finding more info on differently dated CUSTOMS REGULATIONS AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
As of 7 March 2014
Work Permit – required if importing via Hai Phuong Port, Hanoi & Ho Chi Minh City:
copy must be available to Customs at time of clearance   
http://webportal.atlasintl.com/Customs% … ietnam.pdf

So if you fly it in no work permit required.  :dumbom:

I'm fairly sure there will be some commercial import licensing requirements. Perishables like cheese is difficult, I think.