Individual Dutch courses rate?

Hello everybody,

I intend to give one-on-one Dutch language lessons to a child who is almost 4 years old. She lives in Carthage and her family seems to be quite well off financially. I will give lessons for 2 hours each week + commute between Kelibia and Tunis each time (which takes 6 hours in total and costs 15 dinar for the round trip + taxi from the station to their address, I do not yet know the rates, it's plus-minus 30 mins). Now I am discussing the formalities with her mother and I do not know how much to ask for per hour. I also want her to pay me the transportation costs. Given their finances, neighborhood, the scarcity of finding individual Dutch lessons for small children etc ... how much do you think I can ask for as a rate?

thank you in advance

Set your own price to be worth ur while
At end everything is négociable

Imagine that lady brings in 2 friends of the child.. then she deserves a discount....

Teaching deutch in Tunisia or anywhere else is an asset
G.Luck

Ozitoun wrote:

Set your own price to be worth ur while
At end everything is négociable

Imagine that lady brings in 2 friends of the child.. then she deserves a discount....

Teaching deutch in Tunisia or anywhere else is an asset
G.Luck

Well first of all DUTCH does not equal Deutsh (German) haha, Dutch is the language of Northern Belgium and the Netherlands. Anyway, thanks for the tip. A friend of mine living in Tunis proposed me to ask for 100 dinar for two hours + refund for transportation expenses. He told me 50 dinar per hour for individual courses in English is very normal + Dutch is scarce and rare in Tunisia so I am definitely not asking less than they ask for English courses!
Thanks again!

U should ask for more...
English, French are common
Flamish or mandarin..must be a gem
Cause once that kid starts hanging out at Antwerpen, knock or oestende.  Or the red district ..he will thank u for ever..lol

Ozitoun wrote:

U should ask for more...
English, French are common
Flamish or mandarin..must be a gem
Cause once that kid starts hanging out at Antwerpen, knock or oestende.  Or the red district ..he will thank u for ever..lol

so maybe 70 instead of 50 per hour? The red district in in Holland and I'm from Belgium lol but she's just a little 4 year old girl now so please let's keep her innocence intact  :joking:
Thanks for the help !

150 for 2 hrs plus expenses

Ozitoun wrote:

150 for 2 hrs plus expenses

Alright! I'm going to search children EVERYWHERE then :D