CANCUN VACATION

Hi folks, finally going to playa del carmen. Leaving first week in September. Booked a flight on delta non stop 11am to Cancun for 3 adults($1020) total. I thought this is a good deal. for $33 more I get a car rental. Hotel would cost $800, opted for airbnb. 2 bedroom/3 beds/8 blocks from beach. 5 min from 5th ave.  $27  a day (WOW) total 6 days $178. gonna be a great trip. looking for condo/home to buy and live there......eventually. GOD willing. If your there same time, lets have dinner and a beer.  Hope I can post pictures upon return.  Una fiesta grande!!

Car rentals will always be more than qouted because of optiional insurance which is advisable.

I am looking forward to hearing what you find.  Sounds like something I would like to do.

If I find its a bit risky, I will return car early. will loose only $33.

not leaving for 2 months but super excited.... :top:

mrbjam wrote:

If I find its a bit risky, I will return car early. will loose only $33.

It isn't even going to be that price as insurance is added  at the desk to minimum required but you have to have more to stay out of jail if you injure anyone or cause damage to something. You should research tourists renting cars in Cancun on a famous travel webboard to get the facts. I live in Mexico and know how to drive here and would not go cheap on a car rental even for 1 day. I would pay the $50 to $65 USD per day for a midsized automatic fully insured car.

Do remember that August and September are the prime months for hurricanes, so prepare to be very flexible and able to make changes. Last year, at that time. I was in Isla and one of the hurricanes blew strongly past taking out the power and causing some floods, then it headed to Cancun where it made a small mess also. Anything could, and does happen in hurricane season.

hey alleycat, you be so correct. i called and got info on insurance on rental. $160 +4 for insurance 6 days. think its not worth the money. so i cancelled got all $ returned. thank you for alerting me.