Landlord and Tenate rules?

Hello,
I will be moving to PR soon? Can someone explain to me the rules of renting and how they differ for the USA?
For example is it normal for the landlord to expect you to fix something if it breaks, for example the frig or washer and dryer? Are there legal rules a landlord must abide by that's renting you there property?

Your contract is basically the law. Each landlord is different depending on the previous experiences he has gone thru in the past. The property is basically required to be maintained in livable form, what livable means is up for debate.

So is it normal for the landlord to expect you to fix the frig or washer if it breaks?

It is pretty common, at least from what I've seen, to have clauses in the lease that state that the tenant is responsible for the first $X in repairs per year. I've seen that in 3 of the 4 leases I've looked at.

Long term rentals is pretty hand off, landlord does little in many cases. Some will fix everything, cut the grass, trim the bushes and plant flowers. Others not so much.

Just so you know, most houses and condos come with ZERO refrigerator and ZERO stove. You have to get your own. People move them from place to place. Sometimes they are not worth fixing so you get a new one for the cost of fixing the old one.