Best season to move to the Philippines

Hello,

Many expats choose to move to the Philippines at a specific time of the year, and we invite you to share some tips about the best seasons to move to the country.

What is the best season/time of the year to move to the Philippines, and why?

How do rent prices fluctuate based on the different seasons?

Is there a change in the job market depending on the seasons, such as job availability?

Are there any seasonal festivals or cultural events that would allow you to learn about the country?

What are the times of year to avoid for expatriation to the Philippines?

During which season did you move? How did it go?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Hi every one,we moved to Cebu on June 2. The climate when we landed was humid but with no sun and it's been like that for quite some time now thought it is cloudy most of the time but haven't seen much rain here.
We had booked a condo in IT PARK a month in advance so we moved indire tly into the unit however the hotels are quite reasonably priced in different price range.

I see the city is developing each day and the govt is also focussing thier energies for the same.

As for jobs I belong to the hospitaity industry and have just started looking out,too soon to comment.

Hope the inputs are of some value !

The first time I came to the Philippines was to attend a good friends wedding so time of year had nothing to do with my visit.
It was during that visit I was lucky enough to meet my future wife.
That was 13th of June 2006 exactly 12 years ago today. Happy anniversary to me.
I was working as a mining construction electrician and the projects would last about 3 months and then about 1 month until the next one would start.
It was during that month I would come home regardless of what time of year it was.
On the 23rd of June 2008 we were married. Another anniversary in 10 days time. Happy anniversary to me again.
That was 3days after typhoon Frank killed so many when it capsized the large passenger/cargo ship on its way from Manila to Cebu.
This day was chosen because apparently it's lucky to be a June bride and to Hell with the weather and it was between projects.
We used to rent a small condo in Quezon City as it was close to my daughters elementary school  then high school until graduation. Again nothing to do with the weather.
We then purchased a home in Cebu so she was close to the college of her choice. We have never rented again so I have no interest in the rental market.
About 6years ago I obtained permanent residency in the Philippines and continued to commute about every 3 months with basically no choice of time so the weather was not a consideration.
I permanently retired in 2014 thus have no interest in the job market.
I moved here on 28th of March 2014.
This date was not chosen because of the weather but because it was practical and convenient.
What the bottom line is that if you want to come here just pack your bags and get on a plane. If you're a tourist and don't like it, stay for the length of your visa then go back. What's 30days in the grand scheme of things? SFA.
Silver Cobra out.

Hello;

Suggest moving at end of hot season, Mid June, so you have time to get better acclimated.  And NO MORE winter!!!!!!!!!!

Came to Mindanao at the very beginning of the rainy season/end of hot, late May.  Did nothing to "dampen my  joy" (pun intended) for this wonderful place.  Chose that time as the stars finally aligned to permit me to call it quits after years in the Middle East contracting for the USArmy.  Nothing to do with the climate.

April/May can be the least comfortable months especially for those from the higher latitudes.  Think New Jersey in July.  Great for corn!!!!!

In my 6 years experience here in Phils, I recommend moving here in December, January or February. The rainy season and typhoon season is over and the weather is at its coolest. Which for me is still a little warm. But much better than the heat of April May and June. May being the hottest month of the year here in the Philippines. And although you can, I would not recommend moving here or visiting during the rainy season ( June - November) I hope this helps. Happy travels guys...

When one chooses to move here is somewhat dependent on where you are moving... there are different climates on different islands and some microclimates. Having said that, generally, it seems that moving in the dry, coolest time of the years is most condusive to moving and settling in.... in most areas it starts raining in June and rains usually daily in most areas for six months.... so arriving in November would be my best choice.
For me this is the best place to move to if you are DONE working not looking  for a job unless it is with a foreign employer who pays foreign wages unless you want to work for ten dollars a day.... I have friends that telecommute on the internet to jobs in other countries to obtain a reasonable wage.
On the subject of rent..... long term rentals stay steady year around...the hotels tend to have seasonally adjusted rates....I have not gone back to california for eight years and don't notice any seasonal fluctuations significant in any major areas.