Best season to move to Malaysia

Hello,

Many expats choose to move to Malaysia at a specific time of the year, and we invite you to share some tips about the best seasons to move to the country.

What is the best season/time of the year to move to Malaysia, and why?

How do rent prices fluctuate based on the different seasons?

Is there a change in the job market depending on the seasons, such as job availability?

Are there any seasonal festivals or cultural events that would allow you to learn about the country?

What are the times of year to avoid for expatriation to Malaysia?

During which season did you move? How did it go?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

I stay in Malaysia all year round The best months for me are December to August.

This is a joke, right? There are no seasons here so there is no best time or worst time to come, at least in terms of weather. Otherwise, I would say dont arrive during February because of noisy Chinese New Year and many shop closures, or during Ramadan/Hari Raya because of reduced food and restaurant choices. In these two periods the markets also have less food and other items because factories go off for the time which can be one to three or four weeks. But other times, the heat is still there, the rain is still there, the humidity is still there, the prices are still there. If anyone thinks there are actual seasons complete with temperature variations, ive never noticed them myself. That said, for expat parents with children in schools, there might be a greater number of condo vacancies if they left the country to go home in May and June, never to return. I guess one more point, but we might be splitting hairs here, while tourism goes on 12 months a year, there are more tourist arrivals during Chinese New Year and Ramadan in which case theoretically there could be more job openings in those sectors to serve those times.

I should have said I stay in Penang yes temps stay pretty much the same throughout the year.

There are two distinct wet seasons in Penang, one around May (24cm) and another around October (39cm). That's the time between the two monsoon periods. Rain in Penang is usually heavy but not long. Only on occasion that we get rain throughout the day. Nevertheless, you may want to consider avoiding the wet months.

There is no good or bad season for moving to Malaysia.