Best season to move to Brazil

Hello,

Many expats choose to move to Brazil at a specific time of the year, and we invite you to share some tips about the best seasons to move to the country.

What is the best season/time of the year to move to Brazil, and why?

How do rent prices fluctuate based on the different seasons?

Is there a change in the job market depending on the seasons, such as job availability?

Are there any seasonal festivals or cultural events that would allow you to learn about the country?

What are the times of year to avoid for expatriation to Brazil?

During which season did you move? How did it go?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Winter: May , June , July ,august - The weather is warm and dry in most places except the South and things are cheaper, many open houses and apartments, especially in the more seasonal holiday type areas.

Brasil is a nation nearly the size of the continental US. Though there are fewer climates in Brasil, the South does experience ice and perhaps even snow some Winters while the NE is hot and humid pretty much all year. Inland, the weather varies as well. though again there are not nearly the extremes of Europe, the US or Canada. My favorite Brasilian climate is along the coastline. Preferably NE of Santos as far as Recife or Natal.

The ocean breeze along the central coast area (the Atlantic Ocean along Brasil is rather chilly), along with somewhat lower humidity than the NE of Brasil, make that  my favorite climate, though it is all about what each individual finds comfortable. Keep in mind the seasons are the opposite of the Northern Hemisphere, July is mid "Winter" in Brasil, January is mid-Summer. Right now, mid-June in Rio, temperatures have been in the low 70's to low 80's (21c to 27c). Also keep in mind that in tropical climates, Summer is the rainy season, Winter tends to be dry(er). Thunderstorms can occur at pretty much any time of day or night during the year but are more frequent during the Summer months. During the Summer I avoid air conditioned locations as much as possible, that only makes the heat and humidity seem that much more unbearable. I do not use air conditioning at home, that acts as a major dis-incentive to leaving the house! AC shut-ins are common during Summers in Rio.

I am retired so I know very little of the job market other than for xpats I have met it is extremely difficult to find employment in Brasil unless you are working for a foreign company and they obtain your work permit, or you start your own business which can be a major headache.

Peak tourist season is December to March, prices for accommodations are higher then and restaurants, bars and beaches more crowded. Carnaval is a national holiday, the exact timing varies from year to year in February or March, Salvador and Rio have especially popular and prolonged Carnaval events. There are something like 14 public holidays in Brasil, some are regional or State specific holidays. Things like the World Cup and a generous number of days during Carnaval tend to be taken as holidays, and there are others which are specific to certain areas only. If you come to Brasil expecting a business climate like the US or Europe you will soon become extremely frustrated.

Remember the equator run through Brazil through Macapa. In Amazon's aera the summer is in June. South the summer is in January. Places like Rio, Sao Paulo,  Florianopolis. I live in the north during here in January it rains a lot. Summer starts in June hot and humid. I was in Florianopolis last month and is was getting cold. Check a app on weather you will see what it's like and where. If you want lower rent winter is best.