Easy for a UK Expat to work in HCMC?

This one is for people like me,

I want to know what the Expats and even the local (nationals) think, about this question.

Is it easy for one to acquire jobs? Can you find success in the market easily - how open are organizations with UK expats and various worldwide expatriates?
Do Vietnamese companies actually require expat experience? 
For those who have applied - what was the success ratio (out of 100 applications only one actually came through?)

What can the ones who have the love for the country and the Vietnamese culture - do to improve their chances of attaining successful employment?

Hi

I'm an expat living here in HCMC too.

I have been looking for work since arriving, really glad this thread had appeared as I have been losing faith too.

I have found expat a good site in the sense that there have been a few jobs.

However, I have yet to find that concrete job

Be good to have some feedback too

Thank you Helen for the post - interesting to meet someone in the same boat.

Don't lose hope - obviously.

I mean I actually don't know the procedures of acquiring a work permit nor gaining a good solid Sales role. I love Vietnam but it isn't a walk in the park as they say.

I would hope to see if people take interest in the post and would like to help people like us establish ourselves in this beautiful country amongst the beautiful people.

Hi,

Enterprises in Vietnam, specifically in Ho Chi Minh City, are relatively open to all expats all over the world, provided that they are fluent in all English skills.
Knowing Vietnamese and other languages would also be a huge advantages.
If you are looking for an English teaching job, it would be easy for you to find a good one since you are an English native speaker . Otherwise, if you are looking for jobs in other fields, you'd better apply for a multinational or transnational companies since they are in higher demand for foreign candidates.