Case from Employer

Hi,

My work visa expired on May 17' 2018.  After the grace period, i have extended my resident permit from immigration up to 14 th of    June.  The actual issue is there is some money pending, which I supposed to give to my sponsor as i was working as a freelancer. There was a verbal agreement of paying LMRA, GOSI and a small amountvas CR rent.  I am ready to pay the pending amount but needs some time due to financial crises. I tried to convince my sponsor, but he is not ready to wait and threatening me that he will file a case ( run away case) against me.
Please advice whether he can do that legally? in such case what should I do ?
Whether it will affect me while applying for new visa.

Your work permit is expired or cancelled?

If expired and not cancelled, it seems you already got it extended.  You can transfer to another employer by going to LMRA and registering intent to do so; using reason of expired work permit.   Once you formally document this, the employer cannot report you as runaway.  There is nothing that they can do legally as there is nothing in writing.

In passport cancellation stamped by immigration while extending RP. In LMRA system i don't know.

Check online on lmra.bh but I think it's cancelled everywhere. If cancelled, then they can do absolutely nothing.  Runaway reporting is only for existing employees