Deposits made to an BofA account

Hello,

I'm moving to Ecuador soon and while I'm still in the process of looking for a job, I wanted to know if there are direct deposits available that will go directly into an American account (Bank of America) that way I can still have funds in the USA.

Dear Bunny Boo Boo,

That's pretty vague.

With the little information we have, best advice may be to query B of A and whoever and/or whatever company would be involved in direct depositing .. and any other bank that might be involved. :)

cccmedia

Thank you CCC. What i meant to ask I guess is that I plan to work so how do/ would we get paid is it the same as US. Direct Deposit is how I receive my payroll checks would it be a good assumption to make that I could do the same there and get my payroll Directly deposited into my US acct?

How else would I get paid?  in Cash?

bunnybooboo,

I don't know if you're aware of this, but there are a number of hurdles to jump for foreigners wishing to work in Ecuador, among them:

1.  Any available jobs will be filled by Ecuadorian citizens if at all possible
2.  Fluent Spanish language ability is likely to be required for most good jobs
3.  You need permission to work - you will need a non-immigrant work visa, or a resident visa
4.  Many jobs won't pay much more than the minimum wage of $386 per month unless you have some specialized skill that's in demand and 1-3 above have been fulfilled.

This article talks about some of what to expect:
https://www.expat.com/en/guide/south-am … uador.html

As to how you would get paid, that would be something to find out from your prospective employer - it could vary all over the board.  I don't think it's a good assumption to make that many employers in Ecuador would be set up to offer direct deposit into an overseas account.

Thank you OsageArcher- you've given me valuable information. I will work on that ... I can speak Spanish so I have that going for me

One other thing to remember, there's a 5% tax on money leaving the country, so the direct deposit (if they would do it) would get hit.  Might be better to open a local account and transfer money back to the US if you wanted to (or bring it with you when visiting).  But I wouldn't bet on the possibility of DD to a US account (ACH transfers aren't international and wires are quite costly) unless you were working for a US company in Ecuador, and even then probably not.