Traveling in July with boxer to Dominican

Has anyone traveled to Dominican from Canada with a boxer or any other short/ snub nose dog?? what company did you travel with? I saw on west jet site Dominican does not allow entrance of animals in cargo from may -oct , air Canada does but certain times of the day but not boxers or snub nose dogs ?? any information would be great on traveling with pets. we are moving permanently so we cannot leaving him in not an option.

TIA

Hi! We discovered quite last minute that most or (all?) airlines will not fly with a dog in cargo if the temperature at either port is over a certain number of degrees (I thinknit was85 or 90F) anyway, it will definitely be too hot in DR in July. Search up “traveling with dog” on here and you will see the posts about our experience and ultimate solution. We were in the same boat last year. If you want to private message me with any other questions that'll work too 😉

According to WestJets website, the restrictions during those dates are from or to all other DR airports, not from anywhere else.  I do know that Boxers are not allowed to fly cargo on any airline, as they are subject to death in the cargo hold, and they are too large to fly in-cabin.  I think you'll have to find another way to bring your dog with you, outside of the regular airlines. But call the airline to make sure, first.

Welcome to the forums.  So  to the responder, you  may want to private message the original poster as they cannot yet message you!

Jamie Melissa I sent you a  pm. Thanks