Getting dual citizenship w/o grandmoms birth certificate

Has anyone got their dual citizenship without having birth certificate of Irish parent/ grandparent? My grandmother is only relative born in Ireland. But born in 1862. Church records were lost. Priest sent me letter saying records could have been lost when church moved. I sent my dual citizenship app and supporting docs ( her younger siblings baptismal records & great grandparents Irish census records & priest letter) to Dublin several weeks ago. Before I get my hopes up wanted to know if anyone knows of someone who got their citizenship this way. I'm from the US by the way ( & on behalf of most of the country I apologize for the idiot in the White House)

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

There is no need to apologize for the currently elected incumbent of the White House; this is not a political forum and to defame anybody else is a breach of our Terms and Conditions.

To answer your specific questions.  You haven't said, but the process you're describing; is this where you are contacting the Irish Foreign Births Register to see if you qualify for Irish citizenship?  According to the Irish Government website, these can take up to 6-months to process and it does say that you must provide a copy of "Original long form civil Birth Certificate (plus photocopy)" and that if you don't, then "If you haven't included all the requested documents, your application may be returned to you."  So there is a chance that if the other information is sufficient, you may be OK.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you for your quick response and giving me a bit of hope
Sorry for the poor joke

I liked your joke.  ;)