"reasonably priced" rental accommodation

Like Catherine here I'm looking to move to Lisbon. I'm a fit & healthy 70 year old retiree (pension) and have dual Australian and UK citizenship.  From what i've seen accomodation is the real problem  especially in central Lisbon hugely so it appears.Is it possible to live slightly out of the centre say about 15-20 minutes out to get some "reasonably priced" rental accommodation? It's just me so sort of T1 is Ok.  In Central Lisbon what will I have to pay and as mentioned a little further out what will be the rentals there?  Thank you for any thoughts ideas and input. it is really appreciated.

I would also like a response to this question as I am in exactly the same situation as you.

Perhaps check out the housing section, top of this page.

Hello,

The city of Amadora (20/25 minutes from the center of Lisbon) rental accomodation is much more reasonable.

A.

thank you very much for the help and advice its so appreciated

Might be worth checking out areas a bit further out. We're in Ericeira at the moment - I can get to Lisbon airport in 35 minutes and a car park smack in the centre of Lisbon in 40-45 mins......no trains here but obviously other similar places will have better transport links.....

Thank you very much for the response and the good advice I will check it out asap and just want to say that its much appreciated. Thanks Rob