Applying kartu keluarga in Indonesian Embassy in Singapore

Hi everyone,

I am an Indonesian chinese living in Singapore. My family migrated to Singapore since 1990 when I was only 6 years old and have been living in Singapore since then. Soon I will be getting married and requires a certificate of bachelorhood / singlehood (Surat keterangan belum pernah menikah) before I get married.
In order to get this certificate, one of the documents needed is my indonesian family card (kartu keluarga). As I have been living in Singapore all the time, the family card we have are like from 28years ago.

I tried checking with the embassy and they said they do not have the application form and I need to go to my hometown to apply for it. Is that really true? I find it a bit ridiculous that I can't get it from the embassy.

Does anyone know if you can get your kartu keluarga in the Indonesian Embassy here in Singapore and also to get this certificate of bachelorhood / singlehood in the Indonesian Embassy in Singapore?

Also, just in case I really need to go back to my hometown to get it, I checked with my relatives in Indonesia, they told me that the officer said that the family card costs 500k rupiah. Is that really true? I seriously do not believe that it costs that much. In Indonesia, 500k rupiah is a lot of money.

Any information is much appreciated.

I don't how it works in Indonesia embassy, try to see if any authorised agency in Singapore who can do it? Or you can check if form is available in local Indonesia Govt website where you can take online print out.

But one thing surprised me, that in what sense IDR500,000 is a lot money? In today's rate (1 SGD = IDR 14,400), will cost you somewhere around SGD 35. Is that a lot of money? I have been to Indonesia many times (Jakarta, Bali,  Borobudur etc), IDR 500K is not considered a lot, people spend in a family dinner much more than that.

Anyway, wishing from Singapore Expat community, a happy and prosperous married life in advance.

- The embassy tells you that they cannot give you these documents. Then you go to an Internet forum and ask if this is really true.
What do you want to achieve with this?
Even if somebody here gives you the reply you want to hear ("This is not true, they issued it for me" or similar), the embassy will still not give you the documents.
- The officer in your home town said the fee is RP500k. Then you question that here.
Again, if anyone replies he/she got it cheaper, how does that help you if the officer disagrees?

I don't know about Indonesia, but in several Western, developed countries I know about, there is no central family registry and you do have to contact your home town (or wherever your family registry is kept) to get such documents. In most cases, this can be done by post or by a relative with a power of attorney letter signed by you.

Ina.T 84 wrote:

I don't how it works in Indonesia embassy, try to see if any authorised agency in Singapore who can do it? Or you can check if form is available in local Indonesia Govt website where you can take online print out.

But one thing surprised me, that in what sense IDR500,000 is a lot money? In today's rate (1 SGD = IDR 14,400), will cost you somewhere around SGD 35. Is that a lot of money? I have been to Indonesia many times (Jakarta, Bali,  Borobudur etc), IDR 500K is not considered a lot, people spend in a family dinner much more than that.

Anyway, wishing from Singapore Expat community, a happy and prosperous married life in advance.

I mean for the people living in Indonesia, 500k is a lot. Of course, for me 500k rupiah is cheap.
I was just wondering if it cost 500k rupiah to make a family card, how about the poorer people in Indonesia? A family meal which cost more than 500k rupiah? I think that would be a feast. But a normal average meal shouldn't cost more than that.

Anyway, Thank you for your suggestion and wishes. I will try that out.

I think you need to check in Indonesia that the fees which you are referring is for all including local Indonesians? I have doubt, believe IDR500k for Non residents or children born abroad, not for those people who lives locally in Indonesia.

beppi wrote:

- The embassy tells you that they cannot give you these documents. Then you go to an Internet forum and ask if this is really true.
What do you want to achieve with this?
Even if somebody here gives you the reply you want to hear ("This is not true, they issued it for me" or similar), the embassy will still not give you the documents.
- The officer in your hometown said the fee is RP500k. Then you question that here.
Again, if anyone replies he/she got it cheaper, how does that help you if the officer disagrees?

I don't know about Indonesia, but in several Western, developed countries I know about, there is no central family registry and you do have to contact your hometown (or wherever your family registry is kept) to get such documents. In most cases, this can be done by post or by a relative with a power of attorney letter signed by you.

As it wasn't me but my mom who went to the embassy to ask about this, I was thinking maybe she had asked in the wrong department or something. That's why I'm checking to see if anyone had done this before...If yes, then this time I would definitely go to the embassy and check again.

I question the price as I have done some research and read from forums that depending on the area, some is free but even when you need to pay, it does not cost that much. If someone replies that he/she got it cheaper, then I would know that I am getting ripped off by a corrupt officer and will demand the officer to issue an official receipt.

I have actually asked my relatives to help me apply. But it has been close to 2 months now and still the family card is not done yet. I don't know why it is taking so long and that's why I wanted to check and see if there is any other way where I can do it here instead.

surya2k wrote:

I think you need to check in Indonesia that the fees which you are referring is for all including local Indonesians? I have doubt, believe IDR500k for Non residents or children born abroad, not for those people who lives locally in Indonesia.

That might be the reason or just that it was a corrupt officer who just wanted to pocket the extra money.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please post only in english on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
nastitingesti wrote:

Don't write any language other than English. Don't share personal information. Thanks