Question on MVV Visa

I am planning to apply for an MVV Visa. My boyfriend is not Dutch but he is a Polish Citizen. He currently works in Amsterdam.

Am I allowed to apply for an MVV Visa?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of the page is a link to our Handy Tools section; this contains our Expat Guides which provide information that may be of value to you in planning your journey.

To answer your specific questions:

Anybody can apply for an MVV, it's whether it's granted is the issue.  From what little you've said, you have 2 options that I can see.

You could apply for a work visa; the details of which are on the Dutch Government Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) website; this link will take you there.  The only negative I see of this is that all applications for this category of visa involve the Dutch government (UWV) assessing what chance you have of gaining employment in Holland; so you can be denied if they don't think you'll get a job.

You could also apply for a Family spouse or registered partner visa; again, the IND website describes the process you can go through; this link will take you there.

If your boyfriend is in Holland, there is nothing stopping him making an appointment with the IND and getting some first-hand, verifiable advice; the IND website has the contact information; this link will take you there.

The IND also have a Twitter feed where you can ask questions; this link will take you there.

Once you've read our guides and checked out the links I've provided, if you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team