Care Work in the Netherlands

It is proving difficult to find out about the availability of support work in the Netherlands.
I have worked with autistic clients in particular, helping to maximise their independence.
Am keenly learning thr language and meanwhile wonder if anyone can help with contacts.
eg, Is there an agency or government provider of social care who I could contact to check this out?
An observations would be appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I think you'll find that what you're describing is what a "ziekenverzorgster" does and you'll need to qualify before you can do it in Holland; when my wife did it, it was a 3-year diploma course.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you for the heads up on that.
As a result have been checking the college courses.
Am hopi g my UK NVQ 3 in Healthand Social Care may transfer.
Will let you know when I do. Meanwhile still keen to find an agency.
Would uour partner have some names I might be able to check out?
Its hard to find the information still ..

Hi and welcome back. :)

You need to check with NARIC in the Netherlands to see whether your diploma is recognised there.  Their address is:

ENIC NARIC Netherlands

International Recognition Department
Kortenaerkade 11, Postbus 29 777
2502 LT Den Haag, The Netherlands

They also have a website, you can get to it by following this link.

My wife has now moved on to general nursing (and we now live in the UK where she works for the NHS).  Her Dutch diploma was recognised in the UK, so hopefully, yours will be the same.

She tells me that most of these jobs are fulfilled via Dutch uitzendbureau's (agencies), so I'd start there; this link will take you to one of their websites.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

These are great leads. I am pursuing them and will let you know how it goes.
Viel bedankt :)

A AnnKathrinBrown wrote:

These are great leads. I am pursuing them and will let you know how it goes.
Viel bedankt :)

Alstublieft; graag gedan. :)