I'm offered a job in manama

I'm offered a job in manama and i'm planning to move with my family in 3 weeks time. Can anyone pls tell me the situation now in manama and whether it is safe to move with my family (wife and kid)?

Also pls advice me on the cost of living (rent, food, education, entertainment...) for a family of 3 for a high quality of life.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Arunmohan :) Welcome on Expat.com ;)

I have introduced your message in a new thread (in Manama forum) for more visibility! I hope that you will get some responses soon in regards to your above query!

Best of luck with your move!

Regards

Hi Arunmohan!

The situation is safe, although it is better to avoid some shiia villages, especially at night. Some checkpoints are in place, but the police/army is friendly with expats and I haven't had any problem so far.

The rent prices are coming down slowly, meaning that a 3 BR villa in a compound is now around BD 1000 (approx. US$ 2700) in the Saar/Buddaiya area (where most of the expats live).

It is difficult to put prices on food, as you can eatoutside from 1 BD to 100 BD per PAX...
For nice restaurants with alcohol license, you will pay around 30-50 BD per PAX, depending on the type of wine you order...

Sorry, no idea about school fees, as i don't have children. But Google might help you!

Good luck!! :)

Search the forum, there are plenty of threads covering this very topic.