Internet\Mobile Service

I realize this has been asked before but the threads are old and technology moves quickly.

I have the opportunity to work from home for my current employer and I am going to use it to move to the Philippines so that my wife and I can be closer to her family. The largest issue we see is finding the right internet connection as I will need to participate in video conference meetings and VOIP calls any time day or night. Even here in the US I have my dedicated internet connection and have on occasion had to fall back to my mobile service as a backup during outages therefore I feel I will at least need to maintain the same kind of setup that allows unlimited data and VOIP on either connection. Since we are also looking for our our own place we are flexible on location as we understand the not all areas have the best coverage.

Currently what I am looking at is Converge ICT for the fiber internet and Smart Infinity for mobile service as both seem to offer fast unlimited internet (though I have been waiting a couple of days now for a reply from smart to my inquiry which is not encouraging)  What are your thoughts on the service and reliability of these two?

Our first choices for locations would be Santa Cruz, in walking distance to the SM San Lazaro Mall and LRT lines, Ermita or Malate. Who would you recommend as having the best coverage and most reliable internet in those areas?

Thanks for your time and patience.

Harry

HMorris,

I have hear that there are commercial internet packages available.  I don't know any more than that.  Except, as you know the internet for the general public is slow and unreliable.

Out in the boondocks we have a day every two or three weeks with 6 or 7 hours of no electricity and no internet.  Hope Metro Manila is better.