Help! 21 year old girl worried about interning in Bangalore

Hi everyone

I'm a 21 year old girl from the U.K. and have been offered an internship in Bangalore for 8 weeks this summer. I have spent 2 months in India a couple of years ago, and visited Bangalore and loved it. But then I was with a friend and staying in hostels - so a very different experience.

I am worried about being lonely in Bangalore. My office only has 14 people in it, and most of them are twice my age (I don't mind older company, I just assume they will have families of their own to spend time with). If anyone could help me answer these questions, I would greatly appreciate it!

1. Do you think it will be easy for me to make/find expat friends around my age in Bangalore?
2. Is there any organisation or way of finding a flat or home share with other expats?
3. Should I live in a gated community?

Thank you so so much
Hollie

Hi..do not worry about Bangalore..you will love it.
We are an Indo french family and we host many young interns in our furnished appartments or our guest house.
You can contact our son Manik at :***
Check Casacottage.com

See if any room is free when you need.
I know we have american and xanadien interns this summer.

Hope for the best

Benjamine Oberoi

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Don't worry about finding expat friends or friends that speak English in Bangalore - there are lots. expat.com and internations are good for that sort of thing. Also, if a coworker has kids it can be fun to be all like "I love kids" because sometimes they'll invite you for food. Yum. If you do come to Bangalore, PM me, and I'll reach out to my Indian friends there, or if you want a weekend in Kochi (It's mostly food haha) well that's where I live.

Housing - idk, the hardest thing I have is convincing taxi drivers that I live where I live and getting trash pick up. Convincing taxi drivers should potentially be easier in Bangalore since there are more expats than my area. So I guess my biggest thing is make certain where you live has good compost/trash pick up. Recycling is often done by selling it as scrap to someone, so find a neighbor or be willing to haul it. This is just coming from someone who has been very spoiled growing up in the US with no trash issues. Bangalore will of course be different than Kochi. I know that isn't the most helpful thing on the planet, but it gives you a question to ask.

Welcome to india

Hey
I'm Jagadish I'm living here for more than a decade
You can contact me for more info

Regards

Jagadish