Asking for Advice

Hello..Im a Nurse here in Jeddah starting November 11,2014. 6 months before my 1st contract end, that was May 2016, the manager made a deal and asked me to write a letter saying that i will extend my contract for another 3 years. But on November 2016 before  went for a vacation, the management gave me a contract and its only written 2 years. Last week, I passed a letter saying that i intend to finish my contract this november but they dont allow me to exit because they said that i will extend until 2019. i insisted to them that my contract is only 2 years. I really need to go home because my children needs me and Im not happy here anymore and im concern with my safety since our house is far from work and they did not provide us transportation. They said that if I will insist going home,I will not get any benefits. Do you think its right? Its already my 4th year here on november...please help me...thank u so much...

Dear Sis,

Kindly register the complaint @  http://www.laboreducation.gov.sa/en/

as my dear @mujibsha said get this faster

http://www.laboreducation.gov.sa/en/rig … t-contract ,, you can read the end of contract an find a way out . the issues you write a paper

good luck .

what is more important?the letter or the contract?because the letter we made it says we will extend until 2019.but the contract says that  i will work until 2018 only...thank u so much

nurseleizel09 wrote:

what is more important?the letter or the contract?because the letter we made it says we will extend until 2019.but the contract says that  i will work until 2018 only...thank u so much

I will say you are in a fix. This is because you did write a letter and signed it, stating that you will extend your contract for 3 years. So whatever be the case, what i know is companies give employees 2 year contracts which is always extendable. Most GCC countries have that 2 years contract rule. So them giving you a 2 year contract to sign is just normal.

So in all and all, the letter that you wrote and signed stating that you will be staying in the company for 3 years supersedes the 2 year contract that you signed. The only way out of this problem is to really talk with your employer and reason some kind of deal with him/her.

Best of lucks

i will try my best to talk with the owner of this clinic. Inshallah he will allow me to exit this year.thank u so much for your advice. Anyway,regarding my end of service benefits, if i will go home after finishing 2 contracts which is a total of 4 years, will i be entitled to get my benefits?thank u

nurseleizel09 wrote:

i will try my best to talk with the owner of this clinic. Inshallah he will allow me to exit this year.thank u so much for your advice. Anyway,regarding my end of service benefits, if i will go home after finishing 2 contracts which is a total of 4 years, will i be entitled to get my benefits?thank u

Yes dear. You are fully entitled to your benefits of 4 years. Don't let go, fight for it. I do not know the full content of what you wrote in the letter but by law you are entitled to your end of year benefits.

Good luck.

it says in the letter that i will extend until 2019. But my contract says its only 2 years..Yes, I will fight for my benefits because i already finished 4 years. Thank u so much. Wish me luck

Hi. I am a physiotherapist here in Riyadh. This is my first time overseas. And I've been here for almost 9 months now. I have verification issues with the data flow. Is it possible for me to resign or terminate my contract? Thank you!