House maid

Hello
We are currently staying in hongkong, would be moving to Kuala Lumpur next month. We would like to know how much is the salary for a full time helper preferably phillipinas. Where shall we post for advert..not sure about the agencies. Last thing is how much deposit we need to pay for the very first time.

Hi Rishikajeet,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

As you will be moving to Kuala Lampur, i have moved your topic to the Kuala Lampur forum.

For the advert, do note that the Housemaid job vacancies in Kuala Lumpur section is at your disposal, you can post an ad for free.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hello
Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

The minimum allowed is RM1660 per month. It is agreed between the Governments. But as they are in short supply the sum rises up to RM1800-2000. There are other requirements about what else you  need to supply them with.

Hello
Thankyou for your reply. 1500 to 1800 is ok. What are the other requirements which we need to provide them could you please let me know.

One day off per week, meals, products such as shampoo etc. I am not sure if one paid trip home is also needed.

I edited the salary to RM1660 as I found a recent update.

We have a full time phillipina helper in Hong-Kong, but we are not sure about the rules of Malaysia.

You can bring her with you if your husband has an employment pass or you are on MM2H

See page 26 https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdf

Yes my husband has an ep for 2 years but unfortunately our current helper is not ready to relocate to KL.

Recently there were some new rules about having helpers. They included that there should be children or elderly in the family. For this reason it would be good to check with an agency if they can assist you. Otherwise having a live-out maid who already has immigration status as they are living in Malaysia may be your only option. Sometimes referrals are possible where you decide to live (from helpers already working there). But it is tough to find helpers these days and there are long waiting lists. Using a cleaning company might be an option. They charge hourly rates from about RM20-25 upwards

2000Rm per month
If part tym 20 per hr excluded ironing and cooking
25 per hr include ironing and cooking..

Filipino salary is USD 400 ( depending on the current exchange rate)

Thanks. May i know is signing a live out maid legal in malaysia? Asking this because its illegal in hongkong n we are not sure about Malaysia

Hi there
I have a question. Is hiring a phillipina live out maid legal in Malaysia? Reason why i am asking this is in hongkong its illegal n i am completely not aware of Malaysian government rules about maid.

We are currently staying in hongkong, would be moving to Kuala Lumpur next month. We would like to know how much is the salary for a full time helper preferably phillipinas. Where shall we post for advert..not sure about the agencies. Last thing is how much deposit we need to pay for the very first time.

Salary of a Philippina maid is RM1680 per moth and deposit is RM5000 for us to commence your application after supplying you with a few biodata for you to choose.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please register your services in the business directory. Advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Promoting your own services is not allowed on the website. You should register your business in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Rishikajeet,

Any luck on the maid hiring in KL ? I'm also from HK and find the agency fee here is double the price but then i've heard some moms experience which tells me to stay away from hiring off the street.. any insight will be highly appreciated as we are moving over in a week time.

Thanks