Options for Vegetarians?

Hi Everyone,

Greetings from New delhi, India.

I am Sachin and currently living in New delhi, India. I have lived in Swiss before. I will be moving to Munich in August. Just wondering, if there are good options for vegetarians over there? I mean, plenty of Oriental restaurants??

Thanks

Pure vegetarian restaurants are relatively rare anywhere in Europe. But most restaurants will have some veggie options. At more meat-centric places this might mean just a couple of salads or pasta with tomato sauce. But there are many ethnic restaurants like Chinese, Thai, Indian etc. where one would find many more options. The most common would be Turkish restaurants, which usually have some non-meat options. There are not a lot of Indian eateries in Germany and almost all I have seen serve meat. My advice to any fellow vegetarians is to learn to cook for yourself.

Surely Tom..
I guess, Falafel is the best option left :)

Lets_Sach wrote:

Surely Tom..
I guess, Falafel is the best option left :)

Falafel is what one will usually find at Turkish places. But I often eat out at Chinese or Thai places that have lots of options of either rice or noodles with veggies. Most Italian places can do a nice pasta. I am not vegan as I still eat cheese. This means varieties of Italian pizzas or halloumi at the Turkish places. Eating strictly vegan is rather difficult... I am sure there must be some vegan places in Munich but I have rarely been there in recent years, so I cannot give any specific recommendations. One can always google it.

If you google "vegetarisch restaurant münchen" it will bring up quite a few in the result. There are some Vegan restaurant's in the list. Some even open till late.

Despite what Tom says Veggie restaurants especial vegan ones are on the increase worldwide.

SimCityAT wrote:

If you google "vegetarisch restaurant münchen" it will bring up quite a few in the result. There are some Vegan restaurant's in the list. Some even open till late.

Despite what Tom says Veggie restaurants especial vegan ones are on the increase worldwide.

Of course vegetarian restaurants are on the increase but still a very small percentage of what's avaiable. Like I said, one can usually find a veggie option at a normal restaurant but a totally veggie restaurant is literally less than 1 out of 100 and that would be in a big city. In smaller communities they are even rarer but yes, they do exist.  But of course the best way to find them is to use Google.

I also read that Berlin is now the "Vegan Capital of Europe". But Google or other restaurants guide will surely be of help...