Budget as newcomer

Hello everyone,

I am currently planning my budget for my move to Kelibia, in the Nabeul governorate (Cap Bon) in September 2018. I will be searching for a studio or apartment with a rent of maximum 350 dinar (yes, it is possible! for those living in Tunis ;) ). I might be able to get a job in a centre de formation as soon as I arrive. But still, I am a bit worried about unexpected costs. My budget that I will have saved for September will be around 8000 dinar. I probably need to buy a refrigerator, basic furniture (but i'm good at diy'ing and don't need any luxury) and kitchen utensils etc. Do you guys have any tips on if this budget is realistic and/or any stories of how you got to Tunisia and on which budget and how you made things work? Any kind of info is welcome! I am also looking for tips on saving money whilst still in Belgium and when I'll have arrived in Kelibia. It might be useful for the discussion to mention I have a in-laws and family and many friends in Kelibia so I don't have to only count on myself for making things work.

Thanks in advance.

To live somewhat descent I will say you will need an average of 1500 -2000 TND/month

Good luck

Ozitoun wrote:

To live somewhat descent I will say you will need an average of 1500 -2000 TND/month

Good luck

Yes I know, I'll be having a monthly income of around 400 euro (1200 dinar) + hopefully a job so I think i'll be able to live somewhat descent :) Thanks for the info

you could rent a part furnished which led include fridge washer and cooler. you can live on far far less than your budget.  I manage very well on 250tnd by month but I do own my house.

I have been able to manage on around 1500dn a monthly easily and that includes my rent of 800dn and I have alarge dog to feed!!!!!

kay booth wrote:

I have been able to manage on around 1500dn a monthly easily and that includes my rent of 800dn and I have alarge dog to feed!!!!!

Well regarding rent I am extremely lucky to have low standards and that I'll be living in Kelibia where rent is great for normal sized apartments! And no dog ;) It's nice to have some replies that reassure me that I'll be doing just fine with the budget I'm planning. i don't go to Tunisia to live the classic expat life (living in La Marsa, big income, luxury...) but rather just a quiet normal life with my soon-to-be husband so I don't ask for much and definitely will be living with Tunisian (financial) standards. I even count in dinar when I'm in Europe haha (it's a pain in the *ss, everything is so expensive now! :D ) .

Wish u the very best
Keep thinking positive
Blessings