Buying a NEW vehicle

I've searched all over and mostly get advice on importing or buying used.

I'm just trying to determine how much I will pay in taxes and fees when I buy a new vehicle in the DR. For planning purposes.

Yes, I know they are super expensive compared to everywhere else. I don't care about that. I just want to know what the % Sales tax, and any other fees or taxes so I can determine total cost. I'm paying cash so I don't care about financing woes.

I cant even figure it out from the Government's website on taxes.

Please, if you know, have recent experience, or can post a link I would be most grateful.

Thanks!

I don't know the answers but will try to find out for you!

It is always a cannundrom (sp) when it comes to ship or buy here.  There is a service who can ease the process. Provide all documentaion, taxes, customs etc. Average savings, 205 on duty etc. When you arrive , give you the keys & you drive off. If you prefer to buy here , discuss the options with them. I am not connected to them. I just know their sevices. PM me for contact info.  Me? I buy used here. Cars & motorcycles.  Good luck & welcome to the site & to this great island.

I know That technically you can only ship in Cars 2013 ir newer but My lawyer Tella me dealerships ship in older Cars. I have a 2009 Nissan Teana That i love in the Bahamas just sitting. Wonder if you know a dealer that can help?

Sorry I have never heard of any dealer doing this.

Ok thank you!!!

Damn my fading sight. It should have said a saving of 20% not 205. Suggest contacting them with your questions. PM me for info. I'm afraid that I'll be making more typos as time & my vision go by.

When you buy a new car off a dealership the price will include your taxes.  You need to pay your licence plate (US60 mas o meno) and your insurance!

Tinker if you have a recommendation to make, make it publicly. Often new members cannot yet PM anyone.

I am also told that you cannot import vehicles more than  5 years old, including dealers. I am sure a few find a way around this using bribes etc.

Thank you Planner. Contact # for Pilgrim imports is John at 1-809-359-5387  He has Whatsapp as well.  For a set fee, they will handle the customs clearance, registration,plates, sticker & insurance. They hand your keys & you drive off fully compliant with all Dominican laws. The also can save you around 20% of the taxes etc.  John speaks both English & Spanish. He will answer all your questions, Tell John I said hello. I'm Tamas. Welcome to the island & to the forum.