Family re unification (D/VF) visa procedure for Non EU citizen

Hello Friends

I need your input on my current situation.

I'm married (9th Sep 2017). My wife is a Romanian citizen and I am an Indian citizen. We married here in India and subsequently went to the embassy an got the Romanian marriage certificates. We have known each other for 7 years. Been in relation for 3 years. She visited India in this period 4 times. We were unsure whether to settle in Romania or India but climate here did not suit her too well during her visits and at the end decided to move to Romania.

She lives in Bucharest . I'm currently based in Kolkata.

She had gone to the immigration office with the Romanian marriage certificate and other required documents for sending the invitation letter but was informed at the counter that since we already have the Romanian marriage certificate she just needs to send an long stay invitation letter personally and not through immigration. However when I was trying to apply for the visa online the D/VF category mentions that it requires invitation letter from immigration.

Can someone please tell me the procedure for application.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Expats

Can anyone please confirm the format of the invitation letter ? Does it needs to be notarised ? My wife has written a mail to Ministry of External affairs and they would take 60 days to reply back.

Will be extremely helpful if someone can provide correct info. Thanks.

I do not know about family reunification visa.. but for me, applying for visit visa marked as C/VV is much better than applying for family reunification visa that takes so long. But you still need a notarized invitation letter. And when you arrived here in Romania you can apply for permit of stay right away since you mentioned that you already have a Romanian Marriage Certificate.

What documents do I need for visa family visit from my wife and if my wife must go to immigration office and what documents do I need to do visa .
Im contractor in electricity but my annual profits are weak maybe I'll have problem if I don't have a good profits .

If you are married then no need of invitation letter.

@sandipan141287  bro this is my contact no. ***please help me i hqve same case , i am indian and my wife is romanian , what invitation letter type i need from my wife ?

Moderated by Cheryl last year
Reason : No contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct