Buying a used car using a Bulgarian registered private limited company

We are intending moving from South Africa to Bulgaria quite soon. We will register a Bulgarian private limited company for purposes of acquiring assets (cars, housing, furniture) in Bulgaria.

When registering a vehicle with KAT proof of residence is required. What is the situation when the vehicle is purchased by our Bulgarian  private limited company in this regard? Will the registered address of the company be sufficient? All of its shares will be held by a South African investment company. The registered address of the company will be the offices of the chartered accountants doing the registration of the company for us during the interim period and will only change once we have purchased property somewhere in Bulgaria.

On a recent visit to KAT in Gabrovo they informed us that they would not register a UK registered vehicle unless the owner had Bulgarian residence and Lichna Karta. He has now so will be going back soon to complete the changeover.
Buying a previously BG registered vehicle  through a BG company shouldn't be a problem as long as the company address is in Bulgaria but you will probably need a Notary to effect the deed of  sale.
I am always happy to be corrected if anyone knows better.

WCO, may I suggest opening not only limited liability company, but also trade representative office of your South African company, otherwise you won't be able to apply for Vusa D. This won't be a problem if your llc have employed 10 Bulgarian nationals of course.
Regarding the car purchase, when a tge car is bought by your company you won't have any problems registering it. For your convenience bring someone with you who speaks Bulgarian it will be easy for the people in KAT  as well.

Thank you for the information above. We have in the mean time purchased a property in Sunny Beach and will be moving there mid-Sep 2018. As such, we will need to buy a car (not new) more-or-less on our arrival.

My Question is: How long do we have to register the car in our BG company's name after purchasing it. In SA we have a period of 3 weeks for example. Fact is, our BG company will still be the in the process of registration at the time and I would prefer having the car registered in the company's name. Please help :-)

Hi there,

Once you have a BG established company, then you can buy as many cars for it as you wish. Absolutely no problem. All registrations will be to the company name. Wherever the company may be located. If you're not doing it yourself, then take care to provide power of attorney, to the person who's going to buy the cars and effect the Road Police Office registration.

Re: My Question: Once you buy the car, then it becomes part of the assets of your company. There's no fixed term for KAT (Road Police) registration, or at least I am not aware of it. But actually you cannot drive that car, until it recieves KAT registration, numbering plates, technical inspection and third party liability.
After all these procedures I think there's a 2 weeks term to register the car at the respective Municipality.

Basically nothing special.

Thanks very much  :)