Birth certificate attestation

Does birth certificate of new born baby need attestation while applying for family visa to oman?

Hi Aathira,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to have a look at the visas in Oman section and have a look at the topics available on the forum, you will probably find some useful information.

This article might also help : How to get passport and visa for a newborn in Oman.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Hi Athira,

Yes, birth certificate of kids required to be appostile from India only. My kid is only one month old and I am in process of getting my family's visa.

Thanks

Dear Avi I am alsk applykng for my two months old baby,kindly tell me about home country attestatikn lf babys birth certificate.what attestations are required

Dear Anis,

New born child doesn't required attestation. Only you need to bring original birth certificate for clearance.
Please reconfirm with your employer too.

Thanks,

I get attested my child birth certificate in Oman at Indian Embassy only. First they refused but on my request they agreed upon.

Thanks,

Thank you bro, so you did not require attestion from India? You just got your baby"s birth certificate attested from Indian embassy in Muscat? Isit?

Yeah I did but initially they refused and asked to get it done from India. So chances are 50-50. Better you consultant it with your company.

Thanks,

My PRO is saying that since your wife has resident card here ,she already has visa stamped ln passport so I dont need birth certirificate fir baby's visa and here many posts are making me confused actually.

Indian embassy actually refused you or ROP?

You keep original birth certificate with you. I have been asked to attest my kid's birth certificate and hold original with me. Since your wife already have resident card so I believe only original birth certificate would suffice. Check it with embassy.

Thanks,