Hi All!

Hey guys!

I'll be in Zurich for 6 months or so from May 2011. I'll be working in IT for UBS, and will be looking for a place to stay. So far it hasnt been good as prices seem incredibly high!!! (no UBS isnt paying for accomodation as I am a contractor not permie!!!)

So from London to Zurich, here I come!

regards
A

Hi hamza123 and welcome on the forum!

Your message is now on the Zurich forum for better visibility. I hope other members will be able to help you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

hamza123 wrote:

I'll be in Zurich for 6 months or so from May 2011. I'll be working in IT for UBS, and will be looking for a place to stay. So far it hasnt been good as prices seem incredibly high!!! (no UBS isnt paying for accomodation as I am a contractor not permie!!!)

I hope I'm not too late. Have you found something in the meantime? If not, ask UBS about their furnished "studios" in Eibenstrasse at Manesseplatz, close to the train stations Schmiede Wiedikon and Binz. They're small but cheap, and many interns from abroad stay there if they have no time to look for a place to stay in Zurich. 6-month leases are hard to get anyway unless you rent a serviced apartment. And those are usually damn expensive.

Unfortunately I don't have any tips for you, except maybe to join the Expats in Zurich mailing list on Yahoo!Groups, which has lots of members, both on long-term and short-term stays in the Zurich area.

Good luck - and welcome to Zurich :-)