NOC or Release Leaving the country to change my visa?

Hi everyone,
I'm new here in the forum,
I am working in a Telecom industry and all of a sudden my small company decided to kick me because he could not afford to pay me anymore.  The good thing is i have a good relationship with my sponsor and he already give me an NOC paper written in arabic with company stamp and other signature. my current sponsor says that i'm free to use his visa over the course of 1 to 2 months for me to be able to find a new job.

Thanks God that i found a new sponsor and he asked me to submit to him my NOC, and he applied for visa. Is there any supporting document or apperance (from my previous sponsor) that should be made for the official transfer..

Should I really need to leave this country just to change my visa status or there is no need for me to leave this country.. All i need to have is a release letter.

I just want to know the parameters and the differences between NOC and a release,
will my previous sponsor loose his clearance if he will give me a "Release"
hence should he give me an NOC letter only and go for EXIT first to change my visa status..

I'm now saving money and if possible i dont want to go to dubai for EXIT, because that will cost me a lot.
I just want to stay here in the country while changing visa to avoid any expense.

thank you very much

Hi xashyup31,

You do not have to exit the country if you have found another job.

The new employer must have the required labour clearance to be able to provide you with the employment visa.

If the above is in place, you can get both the sponsors together and arrange for a visa transfer.

A personal appearance of either the sponsor or the sponsor authorised company PRO would be needed while effecting the visa transfer - just to ensure that the given NOC is authentic and is not a bogus one.

By giving an expatriate employee a 'Release', the company waives its labour clearance for that particular job. So henceforth, the said position can only be filled by an Omani and never by another expatriate.

thank you mr. sumitran for your feedback.

it's clear that I need to temporarily leave this country to transfer my visa from my current employer into my new employer..

My sponsor decided to give me an NOC only and not a RELEASE because he is still planning to use (hire expat) his clearance in the near future.

Hi xashyup31,

You have said, "it's clear that I need to temporarily leave this country to transfer my visa from my current employer into my new employer.."

... and how is it clear to you that you "need to temporarily leave this country to transfer my visa from my current employer into my new employer.."

You have not understood what I have written.

You do not have to exit if you have your last employer's NOC.

An internal visa transfer can be done, in the presence of both the old and the new sponsor / employer's representatives (PROs).

Hi mr. sumitran,
you mean I dont need to exit if i have my last NOC.
and an internal visa transfer can be done in the presence of my new and old sponsor.

my question is will my old sponsor loose his clearance/visa and he cannot hire an expat anymore under my old clearance if he will do that?

Hi xashyup31,

If your last employer gives you a 'Letter of Release' then that position would be permanently closed for expatriates.

But if the employer gives a 'NOC', then another expatriate can be reappointed on that same job clearance.

mr sumitran, sorry if im really confused.
how come that I dont need to do exit if my sponsor will give me NOC , and not a release.

he told me that i need to dubai temporarily and then comeback.. because this is not a release..

my sponsoe will still use the clearance/visa and that is the reason why he wants me to leave the country (with NOC)

im wonder how did you say that there is no need for me to leave the country while transfering my visa as long as I got an NOC .. i got only NOC and he will not give me a release

kindly correct me if im wrong
NOC - i can change company/visa/sponsor but i need to leave the country and comeback. the transfering of visa cannot be done while im still here in oman

RELEASE - i van change my company/visa/sponsor without temporarily leaving oman. the process can be done whithout an EXIT..  but my old sponsor will loose his clearance..

my sponser could not give me a clearance becoz he still planning to use his visa soon.
and that is the reason why he provides only NOC  but i need to do an exit first.

Hi xashyup31,

Since you are unable to understand (a) what I have explained in simple enough terms, or (b) how the NOC works, all that I can suggest is for you to try and read the many other posts on the same subject. Perhaps you will be able to crack the puzzle. Good luck.

Hello there @Sumitran, as always your explanation is superb.

Could it be that @xashyup31's previous employer wants him to exit and cancel his current employment visa, and then return to Oman under a new employment visa issued by the new employer (with the NOC to safeguard his return to Oman for the next employment)?

The previous employer might not want to through the formalities for a visa transfer? If this is the case, I'm curious to know why  :/

What do you think of this theory of mine @Sumitran?

Hi modjo,

I think the problem lies primarily with the protagonist of this plot !

I also suspect this to be a case of a simple miscommunication, or even an inadvertent misunderstandig in what has been conveyed to xashyup31, or in the way it has been misconstrued.

The reason I say the above is because, the NOC rule clearly states that if an expatriate employee has his / her last employer / sponsor's NOC, then there is no requirement to exit the country.  An internal visa transfer can be effected in the presence of the old and the new sponsors / employers.

Hello friends please help I'm been here in Oman for pass 8 months with Employmet visa and my sponsor is not given me what we agreed on salary working hours and he don't pay in time i gentle ask him to conceal the contract / visa he ask me to pay him 500 Oman rial before and he is with my passport I have gone to labour court in ruwi they make me as a fool they said they don't speak English and my embassy is not here in Oman please I need advise on what to do