Best places to live in Mauritus with a 12 month and a 2 year old

Hello All,

I hope you can help. My family of 4, 2 kids 2 year old and 1 year old are wanting to move to Mauritius. I work from home so don`t need to be anywhere particular. Good private schools is important with nice beaches and own pool next to shopping centre etc. Good to be around fellow expats all though other half is Mauritian.

What are your thoughts guys on the best places to live and how to go about getting the rented property?

thank you all

Hello

I'm surprised nobody has replied to your message.  I guess it will depend on what you want to be close by and how much you want to spend?

I'm English and we love the North of the island as it is a bit more lively that the other areas but some people prefer to be more central.

Can you give us a bit more information and then I'm sure we can give you some pointers.

Thank you for your reply.

We are from London! We have heard the North is great  but just wanted people confirmation

Budget.

65,000 rupees per month
Good for kids activities
good school
Nice beaches
Safety
English expat?

We are in our early 30s.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Beautiful beaches in the North and I have never had an issue with safety.

I have friends who have a young daughter and they live in Trou aux Biches in the North but I can't really help with regard to schools as my son is almost 30 :-)

I'm sure someone will reply with regard to schooling etc.

Also sorry guys I should of said. We are wanting a house for around 65,000 rupees per month

Hi Uedge,

Have a look at this portal : https://www.lexpressproperty.com/en/
Perhaps you could also contact the professionals recommended in the Real estate in Mauritius to inquire and make sure to drop an advert in the Housing in Mauritius.

It will definitely be better if you rent on a temporary basis at first and once here make some visits before you actually decide on the property you want to rent. I guess school will play a decisive role in your search, the West (Flic En flac, Tamarin, Black River) could also be a good option.

all the best,
Bhavna

Hello Bhavna,

Thank you for the website. As my wife is Mauritian I understand it is easier to find a property. We like the north because of it being lively for the kids but also heard good things about the west, We have a open mind and think looking around is a good idea although we have been 4 times already. I like Moka but to much rainfall. I think the North is attracting us.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

where is the apartment can you pm me details?

thank you