Vietnamese Classes

Hello everyone,

We are looking for a vietnamese language school.
Can anybody recommend a good school? Ideally in district 1 or 3.
We want group lessons, not private lessons and they should be after 6 pm. (for example once a week)

Thanks,

Xavier

Welcome on Expat.com Xavier ;)

I hope that other members of the site will be able to help you in finding a good institution that suit your need ;)

Regards

You can try calling to check with the Vietnamese language school at 0839260540.  Along District 5.

If you want customize class, the fees generally would be higher, however, schedule is up to your planning.

Bro, hows your tieng viet going? I bet you're better than me. :D:D

lostsouls wrote:

Bro, hows your tieng viet going? I bet you're better than me. :D:D

I hope so too, but the class didn't materialize (last time when I was about to sign up). Reason given was not enough attendees after checking with two schools near my place (or street).

Past months, I have been picking up basic communication language with my office staff. When I am ready, I will register. I think to read and pronounce properly, it is important to know the actual pronunciation/phonics (quite different from Chinese). Without this knowledge, a person will take more time to understand and pronounce properly. I am also checking with some private language teacher here if they can teach after office hours, but they must have experience in teaching foreigners.  I am quite excited to learn from them.

henrylamcs wrote:

I hope so too, but the class didn't materialize (last time when I was about to sign up). Reason given was not enough attendees after checking with two schools near my place (or street).

Past months, I have been picking up basic communication language with my office staff. When I am ready, I will register. I think to read and pronounce properly, it is important to know the actual pronunciation/phonics (quite different from Chinese). Without this knowledge, a person will take more time to understand and pronounce properly. I am also checking with some private language teacher here if they can teach after office hours, but they must have experience in teaching foreigners.  I am quite excited to learn from them.

Bro, I like your enthusiasm in learning Tieng Viet, rat tot!!!:D:D

Too bad I can only say simple words, cannot converse & some SMSes only..

Dont worry, perseverance yields success.

Hi,

well, I just applied in Saigon Language School for brushing up my Japanese and the fees were outrageously lower than the Vietnamese lessons they offered. They cannot provide for group Vietnamese classes in the evening, it would have to be private classes, which is good for studying but not for socializing. Still, I think we might end up taking these classes...

Salut!

Xavi

Rosbun wrote:

Hi,

well, I just applied in Saigon Language School for brushing up my Japanese and the fees were outrageously lower than the Vietnamese lessons they offered. They cannot provide for group Vietnamese classes in the evening, it would have to be private classes, which is good for studying but not for socializing. Still, I think we might end up taking these classes...

Salut!

Xavi

Just curious, why did you apply for Jap class?

Well, it's a looooong story, but, to make it short, I came to Saigon last week from Japan and we are probably going back there after 6 months. I studied Japanese for some years and have an exam to take by December.

Xavi

Rosbun wrote:

Well, it's a looooong story, but, to make it short, I came to Saigon last week from Japan and we are probably going back there after 6 months. I studied Japanese for some years and have an exam to take by December.

Xavi

Oic, then it will be a walk in the park.

salut !
I'd like to recommend you some vietnamese language schools in Ho Chi Minh ( I just searched on internet )
* * Vietnamese language schools :
1. VLS school
addess : 45 Dinh Tien Hoang, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam
2. VNC Language Training-Translation
address : 637C Tran Hung Dao St., W1, District 5, Ho Chi Minh city.
3. Uiversity of social, sciences and humanities, Department of
vietnamese language.
address : 10-12 Dinh Tien Hoang, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam

* * private lessons / group lessons at flexible time
just contact me _  an experienced Vietnamese teacher :)

There are many choices, but only you can find what works best for you.
good luck all !

There are no magic tricks to teaching and learning any language. As with any educational endeavor your progress will be a function of your ability, and your willingness to do the necessary studying while coordinating with a good teacher who always has flexible ideas about how to teach successfully .

Please dont hesitate to contact me if you wanna take qualified crash & long-term courses in Việt language from a live professional teacher who can Vastly improve your speaking, writing, reading and listening skills !
You will be amazed at how easy it can be! :)
best wishes
VI AI

Vi ai wrote:

There are no magic tricks to teaching and learning any language. As with any educational endeavor your progress will be a function of your ability, and your willingness to do the necessary studying while coordinating with a good teacher who always has flexible ideas about how to teach successfully .

Please dont hesitate to contact me if you wanna take qualified crash & long-term courses in Việt language from a live professional teacher who can Vastly improve your speaking, writing, reading and listening skills !
You will be amazed at how easy it can be! :)
best wishes
VI AI

Sounds great. So, Vi Ai, can I know what's your charges? I mean the private course :blink:

@lostsoul: How is your Vietnamese alphabet going?

girl_like_me wrote:

@lostsoul: How is your Vietnamese alphabet going?

I've listened but no time to study it. Been preparing myself to go VN to work.:D:D

I support you :D That would be great

girl_like_me wrote:

I need to plan & have backup plans if things dont work out. So I have at least 3-4 months from now.:D:D

lostsouls wrote:
girl_like_me wrote:

I need to plan & have backup plans if things dont work out. So I have at least 3-4 months from now.:D:D

Wow Lee, Mandy will support you (she said), so good :P.  So, you can don't have to worry so much about not being to get a job here :top:

henrylamcs wrote:

Wow Lee, Mandy will support you (she said), so good :P.  So, you can don't have to worry so much about not being to get a job here :top:

I also think so. Support me in monetary, accommodation, leisure, etc. Basically I come to VN to relax....:D:D:D

Cam on nhieu, mandy.....:lol::lol:

lostsouls wrote:
henrylamcs wrote:

I also think so. Support me in monetary, accommodation, leisure, etc. Basically I come to VN to relax....:D:D:D

Cam on nhieu, mandy.....:lol::lol:

So lucky :rolleyes:

@henry: haha, I am curious. I should meet you when I come back home this June? Where do you live?

@Lee: yup, please come then we can meet in person.

henrylamcs wrote:

So lucky :rolleyes:

You want? You can too......:lol::lol:

girl_like_me wrote:

Sure, I will. Because you're going to [large]support[/large] me...:D:D

girl_like_me wrote:

@henry: haha, I am curious. I should meet you when I come back home this June? Where do you live?

Mandy, I am living at dist 1, You don't have to support me, I appreciate your kindness :) very much.

@Henry: I will get married to a man living in district one when I'm back :)) That's good because my house will be then on district 1 as well. I'm teaching English at the high school in the centre of District one, on Ly Tu Trong street :)) you know it? How about you?

@Lee: :)) what do you mean by large support? :))

girl_like_me wrote:

@Henry: I will get married to a man living in district one when I'm back :)) That's good because my house will be then on district 1 as well. I'm teaching English at the high school in the centre of District one, on Ly Tu Trong street :)) you know it? How about you?

That is great :-), if your boyfriend doesn't mind, can you ask him to let you provide teaching lesson for Vietnamese language?  Your school is very near where I am staying, what a coincidence :-P.

girl_like_me wrote:

I wanted to BOLD the word, but couldnt.

Henry says you'll "support" me. I'm more than happy.:D:D:D

@henry: let's go for a cup of coffee in June, I'll be back soon. My boyfriend will never have a word about what I want to do. I just need to wait and see what I need to do after I'm back. I have so many schedule. But teaching Vietnamese is something I really like.

@lee: I will :)) if it's within my ability:)) I like to do so, hihi

girl_like_me wrote:

@henry: let's go for a cup of coffee in June, I'll be back soon. My boyfriend will never have a word about what I want to do. I just need to wait and see what I need to do after I'm back. I have so many schedule. But teaching Vietnamese is something I really like.

You still have not decided what to do after graduate????:):)

I know you will.:):)

@Lee: I told you about that. It's so hard for me to make decision for me and for my parents' wish :((

girl_like_me wrote:

@Lee: I told you about that. It's so hard for me to make decision for me and for my parents' wish :((

I understand that...

I wish you well, my friend......:):)

girl_like_me wrote:

Coffee is not an issue, once you have settled down back here, then we can have coffee, do ask your boy friend along :).

I will have a word with him :blink:, I hope he is working or is he studying like you?

haha, you think I'm that young? My boy friend has been working for 5 years already. I also worked in Vietnam for 2 years before coming here to study. Okay, I will bring him along.

:offtopic: please concentrate on the initial topic! :) Thank you very much.

Thank you for these advises, i will try to follow the university

check out the tread " I love Vietnamese" page 2 of the forum, Mark

[Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls]