Dependent Visa Extension

Hi,

I received my husband's dependent visa whose duration is 180 days.
My husband is not going to stay with me in Belgium.
He will come to visit me.In this case
what is the process of Visa extension if he is in India ?

How much time does it take for extension?

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Rakhee

There was a previous thread by you, in which it was suggested that the cleanest way is for him to get a residence permit while he is here. He can then use the RP to travel in and out during its validity period which is normally 1 year.

It was also told that D type visas are issued for long-stay. Once the person arrives here on D type visa, he is expected to get a residence permit.

If he gets a visa type D and does not establish residence here (get a RP), he may have to go back to home country before expiry of the visa and for next travel (after the current visa is expired) to Belgium, ask for a new visa. There is no way to extend the validity of the current visa. And I am not sure how the embassy will react if he asks for a D type visa again -- Natural and quite obvious question from them can be 'Why did you get a long-stay visa, if you really did not want to long-stay ?'.

If this is the case, he may have to ask for tourist visa or family-visit visa for his further travels.

I Understand So whenever my husband is coming there .I will apply for his RP.Normally how much time does it take for RP?

Depends on the workload of the local office in the Area you choose to live. On an average it takes a month.