Looking for Reputable Licensed Electrician and Plumber

I am in Puerto Rico looking for a property to purchase and found a property but it is distressed and needs a lot of work.    For one it needs new electricity wiring and a new roof.  Major work.   A project of this magnitude would be a task in the states but in Puerto Rico it is even worse.   Does anyone have any recommendations for reputable licensed plumbers and electricians in Puerto Rico?

Jcherry wrote:

I am in Puerto Rico looking for a property to purchase and found a property but it is distressed and needs a lot of work.    For one it needs new electricity wiring and a new roof.  Major work.   A project of this magnitude would be a task in the states but in Puerto Rico it is even worse.   Does anyone have any recommendations for reputable licensed plumbers and electricians in Puerto Rico?

Here is a list of registered contractors with the department of Consumers protection agency. Select the town / region from the drop down, to see the ones in your area. Check the expiration date of their registry, if they have allowed their registry to expire I would be a little leery of them.
http://daco.pr.gov/reports/viewrepreg.a … on=Humacao

Thanks.  I'll check it out.

Everyone on the list has an expired license.  I guess this is not a good sign for trying to get work done in Puerto Rico but I will keep looking.

Jcherry wrote:

Everyone on the list has an expired license.  I guess this is not a good sign for trying to get work done in Puerto Rico but I will keep looking.

There could be a 100 reason why they let it expired, they could have left the island, have lost license, doing it part time and cant afford the listing cost, too much business to bother, etc.
Just saying be careful and ask for references, roofs specially since it may take 2-3 years to see if the work is still good. Make sure you use a licensed electrician, not just a guy of the street.

Where you located at in PR?
There are reputable and dependable contractors, some licensed or unlicensed.
References work best in any situation.

What part of the island will you be located at?

I am looking at Bayamon and Trujillo Alto.

Any other recommendations regarding this? I live in Dallas, but just bought a property in Luquillo and am looking for a trustworthy electrician, plumber and roofing company.

I purchased my home in Guaynabo City last summer. It is definitely hard to find reputable workers that aren't completely booked. Good luck!

Electrician: Pascual-***, he is licensed and did great work installing lamps in my home, flood lights, and the previous owner used him as well to add an Emergency breaker panel. Honestly...I speak Spanish not sure if he does.

Plumber: Maestro Plomero PR-*** A father and 2 sons. They speak English. They did smaller jobs around the home, but seem reputable!

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Great! Thank you so much RiaTere!!!

I meant not sure if he speaks English! Your welcome.