Ask for transfer sponsorship in Iqama?

Hello Everyone,

As-Salaam-Alaikum. I just need some information about the Legal way of Transferring my sponsorship. See, the case is I was recently married here in Saudi, and I got an offer on the side of KSA for the same Job, with the same place with my Wife and we're on the same sponsor, also I want to be with my wife. I already talked to her sponsor and discuss about the offer and it's settled, just only need one thing about my current job. BUT the problem is I was just finished with my 1st year on my current company. NOW, is it possible to ask my current Employer for a release of my Iqama? and talk to my new sponsor to settle any expenses my current company paid for and just deduct my salary for what he paid. As of the moment I am really confused and need some answers.

Hi,

You can ask your current sponsor if they are giving a release... please note that it is the sponsor's discretion if they will grant you a release, otherwise the only way you could work to your wife's company is to get a new visa from your wife's company and resign from your current work and make sure they will issue a final exit visa...

Furthermore, since you are under contract and if it is for 2 year and you only have work for a year or so, then the company will have to ask for valid reason for resignation as they may not allow you to leave their company... Other sponsors may agree to release you but they wanted to charge you for the visa fee and other fees they have spent when they hired you from your home country or worst they may charge you more than that, sometimes it is hard to negotiate as they are at the advantage. 

If the transfer may not work, my advise is to be patient at your work and finish your contract since it has the same pay, and if your wife's sponsor is willing to hire you in the future, ask them for a visa if and only if you will not able to get a release.

Have a good day ahead...
:-)