Terrorism warning - May 2018

It appears a group of women suicide bombers have attacked three churches, these attacks causing many casualties (Pity it wasn't just the idiot bombers), so Indonesia is now on a top level terrorist alert as known idiot groups are active.

The best advice is carry on but watch out for suspicious looking people.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2018 … bings.html

Jakarta has raised its alert status to siaga 1, the highest level, in the wake of suicide bombings that hit three churches and killed at least 10 people in Surabaya, East Java, on Sunday morning.

“Following the bomb attacks in three churches in Surabaya, all areas in the Jakarta Police's jurisdiction have been placed under the highest alert status until further notice,” Jakarta Police chief Insp. Gen. Idham Azis said in a circular distributed to police stations in the capital.

East Java Police have confirmed that at least 10 people have died, while 41 others injured in a string of bomb attacks on three churches in the province's capital.

East Java Police, who have also declared siaga 1 status in their jurisdiction, have called on all churches to cancel services in Surabaya until the situation has been declared safe.

Riau Islands also raised its security alert status on Sunday morning.

Security has been tightened in areas where people are known to gather, especially in churches, Riau Islands Police chief Insp. Gen. Didid Widjanardi

“Riau islands has been placed under the highest alert level.”

Bali, meanwhile, has been under siaga 1 status since Tuesday evening, following a deadly riot involving terrorist inmates at a detention center located at the police's Mobile Brigade headquarters (Mako Brimob) in Depok, West Java.

For clarity,
The vast majority of Indonesians don't agree with these violent extremists, that including all but a small number of Muslims.
Sadly, that small number of fools is enough to cause big problems for the rest of the country.

It's good to see big names condemning these evil murders

https://en.tempo.co/read/news/2018/05/1 … ous-Values

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Minister of Religious Affairs Lukman Hakim Saifuddin deplored the bombing incident in the Surabaya church that occurred close to the great day of Christian and ahead of the month of Ramadan.

According to Lukman, acts of terror contradict religious values.

"The bombers are people who do not hold religious values because no religion teaches terrorism," Lukman said in a written broadcast on Sunday, May 13.

https://en.tempo.co/read/news/2018/05/1 … -Teachings

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Islamic Sharia Central Board (PPSI) strongly condemns the Surabaya church bombing. PPSI stated that the terror attack contradicts with the teachings of Islam.

"The terror act contradicts with the teachings of Islam." Chairman of PPSI Hamdan Zoelva delivered it in a press statement on Sunday, May 13.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44100278

It is reported the group were a single family, including their nine year old daughter who was strapped with explosives and sent into a church.

I wonder who set this family up to do this.

It looks like a duff bomb went off early.
That means the one family could well be part of a larger group of brainwashed fools.

Keep an eye out for people acting in odd ways.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2018 … -java.html

Only hours after the deadly suicide bombings at three churches in Surabaya, East Java, on Sunday morning, which killed at least 13 people and wounded over 40 others, city residents were shocked by another bomb blast later in the day.

The bomb allegedly went off prematurely at 9 p.m., killing at least one of the tenants of the Wonocolo low-cost apartments behind the Taman Police station in Sidoarjo.

East Java Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Frans Barung confirmed the incident, saying the bomb squad had been sent to the location to retrieve any remaining explosives.

No report was immediately available on other casualties, injuries or damages. (dmr)

What are the thoughts in Bali regarding the latest news? Do people/media feel this is an isolated attack or are there concerns that the extremists are becoming more active?
I know this is impossible to answer but I am just looking for a view from people out there as I am currently in the UK and due in Bali mid June  tnx Jonn

Bali is as safe as the rest of the country as these attacks will stop soon enough. There will be more security and more focus for now.

Indonesia is as safe as anywhere else including the UK and has the same issues with extremists and terror activities but without the knife and drug culture and Anti social issues.

Its really up to you.

More attacks yesterday (Mon 14/5), all committed by families, children in tow to be blown up with their idiotic parents.
One bomb went off while it was being wired so only pathetic morons died with that one, but the Surabaya police station attack injured a bunch of people, that including the attacker's young daughter .
I have full confidence the security services are on to this lot and will send the leaders to hell.

More attacks being reported at the moment

Ada informasi sekecil apapun tentang teroris,  lapor ke *Densus 88*,  peran kita penting sekali.
Simpan no ini, suatu hari siapa tahu kita perlu.
*Lapor ke Densus 88 :*
*0812 129 8686*
*0811 680 9090*
*0811 216 7777*
Sebarkan seluas-luasnya ke group anda.

In English - report activity/information using the numbers given.

Yet more attacks, but much less planned and it was easy for the cops to take out the trash.
The government advice is to remain calm and not spread rumours.
The twits who set up a hoax attack are potentially facing 20 years to life.
Not much of a laugh.

I am not worried about the suicide bomber's cause they are not aware what they are doing but that conspiracy behind the scenes the one's that do not get caught and carry on next time. Strange it happens before and during Ramadan each year worldwide.

The bombers are just foolish cannon fodder so, whilst they are clearly very dangerous, it's the people who warp their minds we have to really consider.
My research suggests many of the people who hold more extreme opinions are funded by foreign groups with interests in taking over Indonesian politics, a sort of colonisation attempt, but done by trying to make out they're a higher form of Islam.
The result of them managing their nasty work would be the same as the Dutch invasions of so many years ago, Indonesia colonised by a foreign power, but achieved in a different way.

The Dutch invasion was not good but it had a positive influence on the country and if they did not do it indonesia would still  be like one of the African countries not that well developed. The rest is quite true said.

Had William of Orange not usurped the English crown things would have been a little better as the British would have remained in Indonesia rather than the Dutch returning. Whilst colonisation isn't to be recommended or supported, at least the British were better at building infrastructure and the country would have left a far better base in the English language than Indonesia has now, a clear advantage for any country trying to feel its way onto the world stage.

You miss the point it doesn't matter if it is Dutch or British the country is better developed than it was. I do not agree invading a country was the right thing to do. The British messed up SA doing it. So did a lot of other countries.  Even it was bad every country learned new technology and got improvements. But the sad thing is that a lot of countries got the problem of radical suicide attackings. There is the need for knowledge and skills to prevent it. The invaders behind the conspiracy attacks is getting more advanced with their tactics. To me it is so sad that poor brainwashed kids get involved. Thanks for your concern re the happenings in Indonesia and we live here and should help protect our loved ones and friends.

As a Muslim in that area, seems I support this ... ermmm ... interesting idea.
In posting this here, I'm not for a moment suggesting these people are anything to do with terrorism, that being up to each individual to consider.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/886/41501443915_3bc51d7f25.jpg

As a general note, the wave of idiocy seems to have quietened down, but that doesn't mean other terrorist cells aren't trying to commit mass murder, just we haven't heard anything yet.
In other words, never be scared of these people or spread any of the many silly rumours I've heard floating around, just keep half an eye out for suspicious behaviour.