Where are foreigners (professionals) gathering in Xiamen ?

Hi
This seems to be a silent forum
However
Any ideas where foreigners and local professionals are hanging out in Xiamen ?

Hi,
I'm about to move over to Xiamen in september and would love to share some beers (I'm german ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ). Have you found a good place to go to?
Julien

Marco polo area?
Sounds like a good option
And close at the shopping centers like
Paragon ?
I live at the railway station in xiamen
Feel free to catch up

Some pubs or bars around Marco Polo area
Local professionals,what do you mean ?

Hi Anthony,
I will arrive in Xiamen end of this week. I will contact you as soon as I settled in.
Looking forward meeting you

Hey man, I'd love to meet up for some beers sometime! Add me on wechat if you want: connoryarish

Hello,

I am arriving into Xiamen for a job interview for a very brief two or three days, and then on to Shanghai a few days of exams. How are expats enjoying life in Xiamen?

Ich bin aus Kanada.

John

I saw a lot of foreigners in Hu Tao Li and some restaurants/bars in Sha Po Wei.

i m chinese in xiamen, if u and friend need help ,u can ask me. i will help u. i like make friend . my wechat is ***

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hey bro! Thanks for sharing your WeChat and I hope you don't mind me adding you.
I'm a teacher of English and I'm moving to Xiamen soon. I would love to be introduced to the expats' community there and make new friends.

Hello People I plan to move and work in Xiamen too, in few months, how can I add you to we chat

@GuestPoster240 Hi Are you still in Xiamen?I am looking for a German language partner.Let me know. :)

@johnjohn1966 Hey I would like to exchange language learning with German.Could you help? are you in Xiemen ?

Hello Anita0227,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f60a.svg

The best way to find a language partner is to create an advert in the China classifieds section.

There is a dedicated category for language exchange.

Best of luck.

Cheryl
Expat.com team
@Anthony001
Personally I don't get to know a lot of foreigners here in Xiamen, I thought they just left after the pandemic. But I'm a local Xiamenese if anyone wanna get in touch with me, I speak fluent English as I spent my high school years in the states, so don't worry.

To answer you first question, I do believe you can cold approach some of them in an Indian restaurant where I love to go. The restaurant owner is an Indian guy who also speak English and I know him personally. Sometimes I have seen some foreigners seating in the restaurant.

Open up your map and type the word: Indiano Johns. It's located in the Huli District, a block east to the SM city plaza.

*ps: They are by far the ONLY Indian restaurant in the Xiamen city.

Btw, just dm me if any of you would wanna hangout.
@Cheyan Lin Thanks for sharing your insights though Anthony hasn't been on the website for the past 3 years now.
In any case, your inputs will be helpful to others.

Regards,
Bhavna