End of contract

hello everyone,

Good day!

Can anyone enlighten me. Is there any possibility that I can still be able to search a new job after my 2 years contract without NOC released by my previous employer?
How many month/months should I have to wait before searching new job.
Thank you and I would be grateful for your help.

That's kinda technical stuff to ask. Your timing should be perfect for a job search. It could  be anytime based on the jobs availability in your work sector. Generally, as per my understanding, NOC requirement is a must per current ruling.

Hi dgenevieve30,

The NOC law states that you are free to seek and find employment and go back to Oman, exactly two years from the date of your last departure.

Hi Sir Sumitran,

So do you mean, wether with or without NOC, right after my 2 years contract, I can transfer to another employer?
Coz someone has told me, I should obtain an NOC otherwise, I can't join to any company here in Oman.
Thank you.

Hi dgenevieve30,

After two years of living outside the country, your past employment history is inconsequential.

Therefore there is no question of any transfer from one employer to another. You only seek a fresh new employment, with no strings attached to your old one.

The NOC is needed only if you wish to shift jobs before the mandatory 2-year waiting period is completed.