Depdent Visa (D Type, Entries - MULT) for Spouse &Kid , WP Process

Bonjour/Hello All,

Hope you all are doing Good!

I am Indian started learning French, currently in Brussels.

Situation :
My Wife and Son have got Dependent Visa (Type : D, Entry : Mult) Last Month. while processing for my wife Dependent Visa it was considered her Not working.

Fortunately lately my wife has got an opportunity in Brussels via a MNC company and via her org they have asked her to raise Work Permit.

Query :-

Is it required her to raise the WP ?

Can she Travel here on Dependent and then change the status of her occupation as WP?

If Yes, How her Org needs to support/perform formalities in terms of getting her Dependent Visa converted to Work Permit without again  going through a long waiting period of WP Visa Processing?

Also, if in another scenario if the option we left is with raising WP if company prefers to do so in that Case , I assume her Dependent visa will be cancelled first before processing Work Permit (WP). And are there chances if her WP is rejected ? So this will be a critical situation and she wont be able to travel.

Well we are concerned as our kid's education needs to be finalized by this month as next month all school are closing.

Kindly advice. All your advice and time will be really valuable.

Thank you for the time.

Regards,
Venkat

Yes, she needs a work permit.

Work permit application and visa application are two different and un-connected processes.

You just ask your wife's employer secure a work permit for her. She already has a long-stay visa, so she can travel to Belgium with you, and then all she needs to do is to wait for the work permit and she can start working rightaway.

Once she is here, when gets the work permit and she starts employment, she just needs to inform the local office to update her profession.

Hi Aneesh,

Thank you so much.

My wife org has asked her to raise Visa Request . Which now I understand is not required as it may lead to visa rejection. I assume?

Also, can you please give some inputs how work permit process is different from Visa processing.

Visa Processing: my understanding in simple words is  submit the documents along with visa application get it documents apostilled and approved by commune/ministry of ext affairs and then you get your visa stamped if all documents are correct.

Your wife already has a visa as your dependant. Now, when she gets the work permit, she can start working. It is simple and straightforward.

A little research will tell you how a work permit is different from a visa :)

Thank you Aneeshks.  :)  Got his link.

Posting here as it may be useful to others.

expatica.com/be/visas-and-permits/Work-in-Belgium-Guide-to-Belgian-work-permits_422637.html

Good Mornin Aneeshk,

After checking with my wife org she has been requested to raise new Visa and work permit together. Not sure If this is advisable.

Also if my wife raise new Visa request will mykid dependent visa will be cancelled as certainly my wife visa will be cancelled as she is raising new request.
Or
Also not sure if she can suggest that she can rejoin in Belgium and raise work permit from Belgium office, if yes how much time it will take.

Or it's better that she quits and come here . Pls advise it's getting complicated

Look, your wife cannot apply for a work permit. Her employer has to do that in Belgium. May be what they suggested her is to wait for the work permit and then apply for a visa based on the work permit. Is this correct ?

Yes , they have asked her to raise work.permit and then they will.again process her visa based on work permit.

Sorry, on this point I was not precise. PFB

Also not sure if she can suggest that she can rejoin in Belgium and raise work permit from Belgium office (here I meant from her org which is in belgium), if yes how much time it will take.

Work permits take now upto 3 months to get approved.

ok, Thank you.

if my wife's dependent visa is cancelled. Will my kids visa will be also cancelled. ? kindly advice.

I don't know. You can check with vfs or with the consulate itself.