Sabancuy

Looking for anyone who knows anything about purchasing property in or around sabancuy. Thanks

Hi Sanwestwood,

Maybe you can ask your questions here and members who can help you will then reply back.

If you are seeking help from professionals, you can still contact some real estate agencies. Here are some contacts : Real estate in Mexico.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

search sabancuyland.info

Can I ask, what about Sabancuy attracts you?

Nothing good here. it was a stupid egoic mistake on my part. I trusted the smooth talkers that sold it to me.
1. i'm 69 and it is too humid.
2. neither Sabancuy or Isla Aquada are close enough to Carmen or Campeche to be convenient.
3. This area is subject to the same dreadful erosion as most other shorelines that do not have break walls. . i'm guessing  10% of my land is gone to the ocean.
4. The locals are friendly. one good thing.
5. Like most shorelines, these and the turtles are protected by the government.

if you are thinking of buying, Fly to Mexico city then on to Ciudad Del Carmen . from there take a bus to Sabancuy. Stay in a hotel there for 60 days. $30 per day with A/C.
if you like it, you are deemed nuts.

Now, if you are 40ish and have 10 years to sit on it, buy some. but be well represented and DO NOT TRUST THE PEOPLE SELLING IT. you will see this general consensus by all the land owners. The one huge problem of long term investment in beach land is erosion. it may be gone in 10 years. You will be told it is in the mecca of hotel district. That joke should be on Saturday night live.

I'm 64, living a Akumal.... and it's too humid.
It seems you have to get up into the mountains to dodge the heat and humidity.
Sorry for your bad experience.
You own some beachfront land?

Yes you are right about the elevation. I hold myself responsible for part of this for falling into the Trap. However the sellers of this land up and down this Coast are psychotic and taking advantage of everybody's weaknesses. They also cross the highway and there's a great deal of back land that backs up to a lagoon.

Just like the blue water and white sand and the people are super friendly there

Are you still in the area? I'm interested in buying there

Smiles.
Its a mess for now.

Are yiu sure?

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : please post in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

You must have some beautiful lots I'm looking at nice ones in the 1500 dollar range. Where are yours?

In general they are beautiful. 20+ meter front along the gulf coast between campeche city and ciudad del  carmen.
Major highway MX -180 runs strategicly  through the lots. The balance of the lot is across the road, full of trees and backs up to a beautiful lagoon. Most sea front land in many countries is protected by the government and has build restrictions not suited for retireies. This included. The developer kept this all secret. We are at the mercy of the government. It is a shame. This could have been a beautiful paradise if the operators did it diferent. Be sure you use a good attorney and notary. Dont fall for the smiling face.

Is there some serious building restrictions?

3 points.
1. The turtle's reproductive path is restricted. That means as far as i know, unrtestricted path. Elevated homes. Night lighting is restricted to not detour them. No sea walls are permitted to abait erosion because of fear they wont get over the wall.

2. The mangrove trees on the back lot abutti g the lagoon are very restricted so as to prevent erosion of the land. This is a good point but it can easily be overcome.

3. This poiny is very well taken but it was kept secret by the dogs selling the land. Tourism is a major way to employee the poor. Mexico wants to see major hotel development first. Most of the people they sold land to expected retirement. Their only hope is a major hotelier buys them out befor they die.
What city and state are you looking. What is the elevation and what is motivating you to move there.

Looking at sabancuy. I like the blue water and white sand and the friendly people

Along the coast

You do t sound serious. Best of luck..

Thank you

Looks like new hotel zone is underway in Sabancuy, anyone who wants to sell lots?

What does hotel zone underway mean?
What written proof do you have?
If you are serious then please give your name and contact information.
If not then you are probably GPS throwing out more fake news.

No hotel zone. the company took millions from innocent people and left them to suffer. Now they are saying there is some hotel zone.  This is all made up by them .  all the Press releases are released by the.  This is all federally protected land that you cannot build on the beach.  They told us we could.  then with no notice they changed the plan. now they refuse to connect any investors or release full reports on their so called Hotel Zone.
1. Ask for an insured closing.
2. Hire your own attorney. (may cost you a couple thousand more but i lost over 1 million because i believed them.
3. They will only release a couple pages of this so called approved permits.

I'll be the first to apologize publicly if i'm wrong but go there.  Its poverty stricken. there is nothing there you would want to retire to.  In addition, it is so hot and humid you will be sorry.