How do rental agencies charge in BP?

I'm visiting Budapest for the first week of May. I'm hoping to search for and find a flat to rent in V district.

Can anyone tell me how rental agents charge? Do I pay a percentage fee or does the landlord?

Please also see my earlier post 'Viewing Pest apartments'...the agents I'm emailing don't seem to respond!

Angol hi, take easy it is Easter here in Hungary and people can not wait to run away from offices and internet:))

Everybody is free till Tuesday and even Tuesday they will not reply to you because they just got back from a short holiday and they need to recover:)) Expect mails starting from Wednesday!

As I remebered the owner should support the agency fee, so do not pay any money!
Do not worry about hungarians repling to your mail, it is nothing personal.

Believe me or not few hungarians speak basic English and their writing is not brilliant, so they are embarrased.

Do not worry and Happy Easter!

Girlie,
Many thanks for your reassurances and advice. I have been considering whether I should write to agents in the language. I've been studying Hungarian 2 hours a week for 6 months. But my Hungarian is still not just embarrassing, it's hopeless! I do have phone numbers for the agents so guess I will be busy when I arrive.