Transfer of Ownership of car from spouse of a deceased person

Dear all,
Greetings.
I write to receive information on the procedure of transferring car ownership from spouse of deceased person.

I am in Bahrain with CPR issued, the seller is his wife, where her husband passed away early this year. His wife is working here, so no problem with her supports. But I need to know if any one have passed thru this situation and if any one can help me in explaining the transfer process, its cost incurred and documents required.

Thanks very much....with great expectations.....

Biju

I am not sure of the exact procedure and you would need to approach the traffic directorate for that.

What I do know is that in the GCC, inheritance laws govern the transfer of assets on death.  And it varies for muslim and non-muslim expats.   Non-muslim expats need to have a will and if they do, that is upheld by the Bahrain courts.  If the expat is Muslim or there is no will, you need to approach the courts for a judgement.

So basically, to transfer assets like property (and even cars), you would need a death certificate and a court decree approving inheritance of all assets in the name of the wife (either through ratification of existing will for non muslims or a stand alone judgement for muslims).  This would then allow for the transfer to take place.