American looking for friends

Hey guys!

My name is Jake, and I am a 24 year old American dude.  I'm moving to HCMC in July, and I'm honestly looking for friends so I'm not completely alone when I get there.

I'm a chill guy, so if you want to talk before and hang out when I get there, let me know or shoot me a message so we can exchange info.

Peace out ✌🏻

planning to move there too...and still working on it.

Hi Jake,

Welcome to HCMC, hope you will enjoy yourself. Cheers!  :D

Hey Jake,
What is the nature of you relocating to HCMC if I may ask?  There are plenty of expats here in the city so you won't feel alone.  Nevertheless, if you have any questions, feel free to pm me.  My wife and I operate a Starbucks style coffee shop here so we know a thing or two about HCMC.  Good luck!

Yong

I am going to HCMC in hopes to teach English. From the looks of it, that's what most of people my age do.  Right now I don't have too many questions, but I know I'll have to try your coffee @yong!

Melissa I hope you come out! & thank you Singuyen!

I want to meet both expats and locals, I'm very excited :)

Ya, many expats teach English here but there is always room for qualified individuals.  You need certificates (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, etc) and college or university diploma.  It helps that you are white skin, blue eyes, and blonde.  You might be able to score a private tutoring gig too once you settle in.
Please do come by the coffee shop when you get here and bring friends :)