Finding a job from malaysia

Hi All

i am Ali Samah from Maldives.. Currently searching for a job in tourism sector in Malaysia..  i have been applying for jobs through jobstreet & indeed.com .. can some one advice me the easiest way to find a job in malaysia ??

The tourism sector only really employs senior management foreigners or unskilled labour such as waiting staff. Catererglobal and Hospitalityonline sometimes have jobs.

Thank You..But the pay is not gonna be high right?  do u think they hire interns for front of the house jobs?? which is better apply direct or through recruitment agency? i have experienced in tourism sector but i studied business management

Try various options. The best route is still networking but immigration do not approve work permits if the job can be done by a Malaysian. Language skills can be a useful entry criteria.

okay.. since i only did higher national diploma in business management i don't think without experience any one will be willing to hire me.. basically what u mean is even for big hotels also they really dont hire foreigner for front office reception?

With a diploma you would need minimum 5 years experience to be eligible for a work permit in Malaysia.

Can suggest me the best way

As above -  networking with people in the industry.

The issue is there are 2 categories of work permits and only some nationalities qualify for foreign worker status and can more easily work in hospitality.  Unfortunately your nationality is not one and therefore you would need to be recruited on a Professional work permit and enter on a special single entry visa (VDR) to take up a job. There are quota systems in place for both systems.

So basically I won't be able to get a job in tourism  tourism industry?industry

what's easiest way to get this quota job ?

You may need a personal recommendation from an existing employee (networking)

By that visa  i can enter to malaysia and find job?

Can only enter on tourist visa but cannot exchange for work permit legally. Being deported is not a good option and leads to a 5 yr ban on re-entering Malaysia.

Only an employer can request a work permit and the person has to be outside Malaysia while the application is being decided by immigration.

If Immigration approve the WP and VDR, the VDR entry visa is collected at Malaysian consulate in home country before arrival

we have  free visa up to 30 days to Malays

I added some more information above.

Even if you got a job offer you have to leave while immigration decides if work permit will be granted.

Its still a tourist entry.

Ohh... so i can  go by tourist visa find job and leave the country and enterby working  visa does that work?

Yes there is nothing stopping you from job hunting on a tourist entry except having the finances to travel and stay.

But finding job where employer can offer a work permit will be difficult. You can always check for Walk-in interviews on job portals.

Most ask for local languages which means they cannot sponsor a work permit.

Or else try through  agencies or recruiters that can be also easy way

Check if there are Agents in Male. As I said you are not one of the nationalities that are easily recruited to Malaysia

You can come on a tourist visa and look for a job, but if they want to hire you youd have to be back at home first and then imported here for the job.

YES you can do it but personally I think the biggest problem is finding a job which the employer can convince the government a local cannot do, some kind of special skill only you have.  Example is language, If you speak a language needed in the hotel and locals dont speak it, thats a good thing for you. But in general, there are very few jobs locals cannot do and then you are barred from it. But all this is not 100% firm, anything can happen. Like Gravitas said, and I have 1000 times, networking with others is overall the best way to get anything. You need to find friends in the hotel business who can later help you get in. You have to find them, some you can find by coming as a tourist and start making friends and contacts in hotels. Its a start! But is there a fast and easy way? I think no.

Experis or Aegis may have some vacancies.