Finding Job in Kuala Lumpur.

I am planning to come back to Malaysia in the next 2 months but not for a tour but for a job search. Is it easy to find Job in that country like any other asian country ?  and if someone hire me is tourist visa can be converted to working visa easily ? Any thoughts everyone ?   

Filipino expat working in Malaysia any advice ? Salamat.

Tourist visa cannot be transferred to an employment pass. So need to leave the country and enter on a Visa with Reference (VDR) which is a single entry visa for employment purposes.

Only an employer can apply for an employment pass and VDR.

Gravitas wrote:

Tourist visa cannot be transferred to an employment pass. So need to leave the country and enter on a Visa with Reference (VDR) which is a single entry visa for employment purposes.

Only an employer can apply for an employment pass and VDR.

Thanks , But it is easy to find JOB there ? I'm working here in Dubai for more than two years already. I wanna move to KL so that it will  be close to Philippines.

Depends what qualifications and experience you have.

There are 2 systems in Malaysia. Unskilled foreign workers who are usually employed in the services sector e.g. cafe, bars etc. Other system is the Professional employment pass holders with a degree and 2-3 years relevant experience.

No, Malaysia is not like the middle east or some asian countries because it has an active large local workforce.

The worst part is for unskilled foreign workers they have to pay large sums to get their work permit although technically the employer should pay. We are talking about several thousand Ringgit. So the Professional EP route is preferable.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the jobs section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct